02. Wasn't like this before

Anastasia awoke the next morning after a terrible nightmare, something quite familiar to Ana over these past few months

Anastasia awoke the next morning after a terrible nightmare, something quite familiar to Ana over these past few months. She was quick, however, to hide her fear from her roommates, especially the little ones. 

Once all four were fully dressed and ready, the girls walked down the staircase into the common room. "Would you like to join us for breakfast?" Anastasia asked the two younger witches with a warm smile. 

Esme and Henley nodded with excitement, "Oh, Ana, don't pull them away from their friends, you don't have to sit with us if you prefer sitting with other first years." Sadie mentioned, causing the girls to rapidly shake their heads. 

"If we're honest, we don't know many other first years, it'd be nice to sit with you lot." Esme responded, Ana could tell she was a bit embarrassed upon admitting that. Anastasia remembered a time when she was new to this world and had no friends at all, she wished she had even one person to talk to or sit with, this was all before Bash and Cedric came along of course. 

"Don't worry, sweets, you'll make plenty of friends once classes start, but until then, you're all ours, come on." 

Once in the Great Hall, the girls met with Sebastian. Esme and Henley were pleased to meet the fifth year wizard and Esme in particular sparked up a conversation with him about Quidditch. 

For a brief moment, Anastasia felt at bliss, she had almost forgotten what was happening in their wizarding world and in her own personal world, for a moment she allowed herself to just be a teenage girl, eating breakfast with her friends before class. 

It was a nice feeling, while it lasted. Because it wasn't until lessons began, that Ana realized the true horror that had arrived at Hogwarts clad in stiff, pink dresses. 

Anastasia arrived to her DADA class with her arm linked with Sadies. This year, she had her lesson with students of every house, she found it quite exciting until her eyes found the back of a particular head. 

Ana froze in her spot, earning Sadie's attention. The short haired witch found the reason for Ana's distress and quickly stood in front of it, "Hey, look at me. It's all alright, we'll just take a seat up front, you won't even have to look at him, ok?" 

The witch nodded in a frenzy as the two rushed past the Slytherins table and found an empty table behind Harry and Ron. As the two sat down, the boys turned around to greet them. 

"Anastasia, nice to see you here, I don't believe we've met?" Ron waved at Ana before raising a brow at Sadie. 

"I'm Sadie, Sadie Vincente, and you're Ron Weasley, I've grown quite fond of your bothers Fred and George." The witch smiled kindly. Anastasia did remember a time when Sadie would always run around with the Weasley twins, it has been a while since she saw the three together. 

Ron nodded and pointed at her with a look of satisfaction on his face, "I knew you looked familiar, Fred and George have been asking for you I believe."