08. Library talks

Anastasia was walking along the many aisles of the library, her fingers traced the spines of every book she passed and her eyes wandered through the titles of each one as well

Anastasia was walking along the many aisles of the library, her fingers traced the spines of every book she passed and her eyes wandered through the titles of each one as well. She was supposed to meet Blaise here for their usual chat.

They decided they should meet to talk about things, without anyone seeing, so therefore the library was the smartest option. Not many students went in here on weekends, especially with Umbridge roaming the halls, they rather stay in the safety of their common rooms.

The witch had decided to wear blue jeans with a black long-sleeved shirt that clung to her body and white trainers. She had her hair straight down, she sprayed her signature scent of flowers and strawberry lipgloss to go with it. She had put on a small gold heart locket that Bash had given her as a present two years ago.

"There you are. I've been looking for you all over this place." She heard Blaise whisper from the end of the aisle.

"It is a rather large library, isn't it. How are you, Blaise?" She smiled upon seeing him, pulling the wizard in for a quick hug. The boy took in her scent as he hugged her, smiling into her hair. He always found her short stature so adorable.

"I'm good, little one, how about yourself?" He replied, leaning against the shelves as Anastasia stood across from him.

She nodded slowly, "I'm getting by, I've been keeping busy for sure." Blaise nodded, raising an eyebrow, "With what, exactly?" He questioned, earning a slightly shocked expression from the witch.

"Um..you know, tutoring the girls, Esme and Henley, and just studying and all. It's good to keep busy right now, if I stay busy, I won't have time to think." She explained her reasoning, leaving out the fact that she had joined a secret club to fight against dark arts behind the schools back.

Anastasia absolutely despised lying. She hated having to lie to one of her closest friends. Needless to say she was not the best liar, there was always a tell with Ana. If one knew her well enough, the tell would surely be obvious.

Blaise took a good look into Anas eyes and decided he felt uneasy about her answer, but decided against pushing her on it. He understood Ana needed time, he only wished she didn't keep him in the dark about things.

The wizard shook his head, letting out a dry chuckle, he almost seemed amused. "What is it?" She questioned him, fearing he had caught onto her lie and found out he truth.

He looked up at her, "I still don't get it. If I were in your place, oh, Ana, I would do this a lot different." He admitted, shrugging slightly.

Anastasia looked shocked, raising both eyebrows, "Like what?" She asked, clearly intrigued on what Blaise was going on about.

"Well, I mean, with Draco. I get it, you don't want to put him in danger, but if I was in your situation, I would be a little more selfish. We only live once, why not spend as much time with the person you love."

Anastasia sighed, looking down, "You've never been in love, Blaise. It's not that simple."

The boy only shook his head, "Enlighten me, then, please."

With another sigh, she continued, "Being in love with someone...your priorities change. I care more about him, than about myself, that being said, I can't be selfish. Because love, makes you do some insane things, but you'd rather them be happy, even if it's without you, than be hurt or sad. Their happiness and safety comes first. There's no room to be selfish."

Blaise still could not understand, she was right, he had never been in love. However, he knew that if he were in love, he would fight for the girl he loved, he would never let her go. "But, if you truly loved them, wouldn't you fight for them?"

Anastasia nodded, "Yes, maybe. But you have to know when it's time to fight, and when it's time to let go."

Blaise looked down, silence overcame the two. Anastasia did not intend for the conversation to go this way, but she supposed it was inevitable.

"I'm sorry, you just don't understand..not yet anyway. You will someday, but I hope you don't have to go through all this trouble." She let out a small giggle.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place." He apologized as well. The two Hogwarts students looked at each other in silence before they both broke into fits of laughter.

"Shh! Shh!" Blaise hushed in between laughs. After a few moments, the two had calmed down, looking around the aisle to make sure no one had heard them.

"I missed laughing with you, all of you. How are Bash and Sadie? I haven't really seen them." Blaise wondered, he had classes with the other two Hufflepuff members but he had not had the chance to speak with them just yet.

Anastasia nodded, "They're alright, attached at the hip, I swear it." Bash chuckled at this and nodded as well, "Yeah, I would assume so." The two talked some more before Anastasia realized how long they were in there for, "I should get going, I promised Henley I would tutor her some more tonight before bed."

Blaise understood and smiled at her, "Of course, tell the girls I said hello." "Will do, goodnight, Blaise." He waved at her as she walked off. The Slytherin boy knew to wait a few more moments before doing the same, he walked over to another aisle, making sure no one was near.

"Fraternizing with the enemy, Zabini? Wait till Michelson gets a load of this." A teasing voice called from his right. The Italian looked over and nodded, not seeming surprised. "Hello, Gwen. What are you doing here on a Saturday?"

The girl shrugged, "It's a public library." Blaise rolled his eyes at this, knowing she had said almost the exact same thing to him the night before. He chuckled dryly, "Right." He began to walk away but was stopped by her voice again, "What? That's it? No curious question? Or unasked for life advice?"

Blaise raised an eyebrow at the girl, slightly amused at this, "I thought you told me to observe someone else, Rubear?" The girl looked down and nodded, "Right, yeah, I did that."

In all honesty, Gwen had no idea why she had started a conversation with the boy in the first place. Sure she had heard part of the conversation he had with Anastasia, but she really didn't mind. She didn't plan to say anything to him but as he walked by it was almost as if she couldn't help herself.

Blaise chuckled, "Reading up on magical creatures?" The boy asked, pointing over to the book in her hand. "I hear Luna Lovegood is very good at that, you should speak with her for more information."

Gwen nodded, putting on a cool front, "Yeah, just looking for something interesting to read, not that interested in magical creatures, though." She shrugged and Blaise made a face, "Why not? They're magnificent, all of them. From the Nargles to the Hippogriffs."

The girl gave Blaise a look to which he only smiled, "Of course, if you don't wish to ask Lovegood for information, I could always help you out, I know a thing or two about these magical creatures."

The girl nodded, "I can see that." He smirked at her, "Don't stay out too long, Rubear, you need your beauty sleep." He teased before quickly walking away, not giving Gwen the chance to say anything in return.