Chapter One : Just a Normal Day in San Francisco

"Wrench, get your fat ass off me... "

"I would if you weren't cuddling me."

"I wouldn't be cuddling you if your fat ass wasn't on my legs!"

"And my fat ass wouldn't be on your legs if you would just let go of me!"

"Oh, my fucking god, if you two don't shut the fuck up I'll chop you both up and use you as fuel for the fucking 3D printer." Sitara says from her spot at the table.

We both mumble half-assed protests before I let go of Wrench, in which he gets off me and shifts a little so we're both comfortable on the couch.

"Well, good morning to you guys too." I hear Horatio say. I can just feel his smug, non-hungover smile radiating across the room. I groan while flipping over, hiding my face in Wrench's chest.

"Shut your happy trap up, Horatio." Wrench says, voicing all our thoughts.

He snickers to himself before he pulls himself a seat up at the table.

"Where's the rest of our crew?" Horatio asks everyone who's listening.

There's silence in the Hackerspace before Sitara sighs, taking it as her cue to answer his dumb questions (I'm tired, okay? I have the right to be cranky).

"Josh is over there sleeping, and Marcus is... somewhere. He probably got lucky last night, and we forgot about him."

Wrench snorts quietly. I whack him softly and he quickly shuts up.

"Ah, well – I've been thinking – "

"Horatio, I'm going to stop you right there. Not only do I have a headache beyond anything I could ever imagine, but the whole team needs to hear whatever idea you've got."

"In other words, shut up." I translate, finally deciding that I need me some pickle juice or pain killers – something to fix the throbbing headache.

"Well, don't I have the best of friends... "Horatio mutters, half-jokingly as he makes his way to Josh so he can wake the baby up.

"(Y/n) what do you think you are doing." Wrench says, still clinging to me like a fucking Koala as I make my way towards the fridge.

"I'm getting ready for the day dumbass. Something you should be doing as well."

"Ahh, mean words. Sitara!"

"(Y/n), stop being mean to Wrench."

With that, I push Wrench off me and crawl over him – stumbling to my feet.

"No! My cuddle buddy." He mumbles, half-attempting to reach out for me only to have his arm swatted away.

"Get away from me, you smell."

"Sitara, he's being mean again!"

"(Y/n)!"

"Ugh!" I storm away towards the fridge, getting me a water bottle and shutting it. I slam it a little hard because now Wrench is giggling like a child smoking weed.

"He's throwing a temper tantrum now, how cute~"

I roll my eyes before I grab some of the painkillers besides Sitara, pulling up a seat across from her – sticking my tongue out at her quickly so she doesn't see me doing it (She can be very scary during her hangovers).

"I think I might call him actually. Should I?"

"If you're talking about Marcus then yeah, call him." I reply, gulping down some water before taking two of those pills.