Chapter Four : Wrench's weird habits.

"Something doesn't add up." Wrench mumbles.

I look at him with a crooked brow which he responds with a small laugh,

"I've always wanted to say that."

I roll my eyes and nudge him playfully.

"Seriously though, what doesn't add up?"

"You know already, (Y/n)," he says standing up. "I could see it on that look you had in the car. We both know that that heist was just too smooth."

"It wasn't exactly a heist - but you're not wrong. Jack Off was too easy, really suspicious if you ask me."

"And that's what I'm thinking right now," the other man says.

We both look at each other thoughtfully. Only more questions formed from the realisation though. What's really happening then? Why did that bastard let us off so easily? Was any of what he said true? If so, then who's really pulling the strings here?

"You're gonna blow a fuse if you keep scrunching your face up like that," Wrench comments, poking my cheek.

"I'm not scrunching my face up, I'm thinking."

He scoffs, "Yeah, and you scrunch your face up when you think. It intensifies alot the longer you think too."

I grab at my face self-consciously, pouting, "Shut up. Your leg starts shaking alot when you're horny."

"It does not!" Wrench gasps.

"It does, and you wanna know how I know?"

"Alright, sure - enlighten me."

"When we watched that Zoolander movie, all your leg did during the cat fight was shake. And then after the movie you admitted to me that you wanted to jack off."

"That could've been a coincidence, you have no proof of me doing it at any other time!"

I stand up and put my hands on my hips, "when we went to that strip club on your birthday your leg started shaking. When that girl from Brooklyn grinded on you at that concert last month your leg started shaking. Hell, your leg starts shaking whenever you talk to Naomi at the cafe!"

"Okay, okay - I'll admit that's a suspiciously coincidental pattern. But from what we learned here, you're just a big ol' leg pervert," Wrench accuses, pointing a finger at me.

"Me and you both know the only leg pervert here is you, Wrench - or should I say, Mr. Camilla-Lopez."

Wrench gasps dramatically, "you said you would never speak that name again."

"And you said you wouldn't steal Kyle away from me and yet here we are,"

"You can't blame me for that! Have you seen that Greek God?!"

I slam my hand on the couch, "that's exactly why I didn't want you to steal him away from me in the first place!"

Wrench throws his hands up into the air and walks away, "You know what, I can't take this attack right now - I'm going to Josh. He's the only one that cares about me in this place, apparently!"

"You take that back, Wrench," I say, following him. "Or else even he won't care about you anymore."

"Is this, like, a daily thing between you two?" Marcus asks, suddenly popping up besides me.

"Yeah, but we're just joking fyi."

"Oh I know," he laughs. "I was just wondering if I would have to listen to it everyday."

I nudge the guy, "don't worry, we only do this every five hours. You'll live."

He laughs again but leaves, shaking his head. "Thanks for the heads up atleast."

"So you're trying to tell me that some FBI Agent took pictures of the entire groups faces, yes?" Horatio asks, squeezing the bridge of his nose with his thumb and finger.

"Uh, yes." Wrench and I say in unison.

"And you two went to investigate."

"Yes, with Marcus as a witness." Wrench responds.

"And you didn't think to check if he had back ups of the photos on another phone or a laptop? You just took the phone he gave you and left?"

"Well, Wrench beat him up. We thought that would've made him spill anymore secrets that he would've been keeping." I say, scratching my head.

"Oh my god, he's an FBI agent (Y/n), these guys were trained to withstand fucking bullet wounds, dude." Horatio says hysterically, brushing a hand though his dreadlocks.

"He was in there for an hour, surely that would've counted for something."

Horatio sighs frustatedly and sits himself at the table. It's quiet for a few seconds.

"The phone did have his personal info and the pictures," Wrench says, breaking the silence. "And I made sure to plant a few cameras around the apartment since we did kinda break the ones that were already in there."

"See?" I say, patting Horatio's back. "It's all good, we'll find out if he tries something else. This isn't as bad as you think it is."

Horatio sighs again, "This is why we don't let you guys go on your own missions. Do you see how many flaws there was in that little heist of yours?"

"Well yeah, I do," I admit. "But come on Horatio, we put in safety precautions - you know, plan b's in case this all went south. It's not insalvageable. We can still fix it if something goes wrong."

He shakes his head, "I sure hope so. Because you know we can't afford anything to go wrong at this point, guys. This is our big break. Please just, make sure you keep an eye on that guy for a while, okay?"

Wrench and I both nod our heads in silence, feeling a sort of guilt hang above both our heads.

Horatio smiles, "hey, I'm not mad. I'm just worried. If something does go wrong I'll make sure to tell the rest of the gang it wasn't your fault. At least you guys tried to do something about it. I'm not sure Sitara or Josh even knows that anything went down that night."

I chuckle, "yeah, thanks man."

"In the meantime though," Horatio says standing up. "Make sure you do update them on that. They should be told if you haven't already."

"Yep," Wrench says. "We'll do that before we go off and see what's up with Jack Off."

Horatio nods with a confused look on his face, "right, Jack Off. I'll see you guys around then."

Wrench and I sit quietly in our seats, contemplating what we were gonna do next. We've got alot to do in the next few weeks.

•••

Ever since I saw STAN THE WATER MAN by Markiplier it's just hard for me to not include playful banter and odd bits of backstory whenever I write lol. Once again, I hope y'all enjoy! Appreciate you ❤

Lots O' love!!
~Haxxy