Homeworld Bound

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
We all stared at Jasper in shock.

"What are you-" Pearl began.
"Where's Steven?!" I exclaimed cutting her off. "Right here." Jasper says in her gruff voice as she steps aside to reveal Steven staring at the ground.

"Steven!" I exclaimed as I went up to him and hugged him. He barely hugged back. "Where have you been? Are you alright?" I asked him as I placed my hand on his cheek. I felt him lean into my hand but then I felt his hands slowly push me away. "Honey..?" I trailed off. "Steven? Where have you been?!" Amethyst exclaimed.

He then began to walk away. I felt my heart tug at his actions. "You can't just disappear for days without telling us!" Pearl called out. "My diamond can do as he pleases." Jasper says. "Wait, what?!" Amethyst looks at Jasper confused. "Why are you calling him that?!" Pearl exclaimed.

I look over and saw Steven going upstairs. "Hon! Wait!" I called out to him. I then began to follow him up the stairs. "Steven!" Garnet calls after him. "Where is he going?!" Pearl asks.

We followed him all the way up to the garden dome. He was standing on the warp pad. "Steven!" I called out to him. "Steven, wait!" Pearl added. "You don't need to go." Garnet said as she began to approach him. He turns pink and sets up a barrier like last time. "WHAT THE HECK!" Amethyst yelled at him.

"You guys, I love you, but— you can't help me anymore. I've been avoiding the only people in the entire universe who can. Please, don't follow me. You too, Jasper. Find something better to do with your life." Steven spoke. Jasper face fell into one of disbelief and sadness. "S..Steven..please d-don't go.." I said to him, tearing up as I placed my hand on the pink barrier that was blocking us. "(Y/n)..." Steven began as he walked up to me. He placed his hand right where mine is on the barrier too. "I love you so much...but i just can't be near you right now...I don't want to hurt you too." He said as he then walked back to the warp pad.

"Steven! Remember, we'll always be your family." Garnet said with tears. He then warped away. I fell on my knees as tears began to flow out. "(Y/n)!" The gems called out to me. They all got around me. "Hey it's gonna be alright." Amethyst began. "He'll be fine I promise." Garnet added. "We'll be here for you." Pearl said as they all hugged me. I hugged them back as well while trying to stop crying.

'Oh Steven...where did you go..?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven's P.O.V

Homeworld. A place I thought would never change. I look up to the palace nervously. My mind then wandered back to (Y/n). Her voice haunting me. "I'm sorry (Y/n)..." I muttered to myself as I began to walk towards the entrance.

"As you can see, this truly was the center of power in the Gem Empire throughout the second era. When you walk through these storied halls, it's easy to feel as if you too have the power of a Diamond. Now, if you'll follow me this way to the gift shop." A Pearl was speaking as she walked away with the group of people. And that's when I saw Spinel. "Steven!" She exclaimed.

I then felt her arms wrap around me as i felt her kiss me. I push her off. "Spinel! What is wrong with you!" I said angrily. "Oh, y'know... the usual." She said. I then calm down. "So how is (N/N)? I miss her so much!" Spinel said as her eyes turned into hearts. I looked away. "She's...fine. Uh, so. How've you been since, uh..." I spoke. "Since I tried to kill you? That was so embarrassing. I was just a wreck back then, but I am so much better now! So, what're you doin' here?" Spinel asked.

"I need to talk to the Diamonds." I told her straightforward. "No kidding. You never call, you never write..." Spinel joked. "Yeah, I'm kinda going through something right now. I've been glowing pink and swelling up." I explained to her. "Oh, if you're having trouble with your physical form, I know just who you should see. C'mon!" She said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me.