The Beginning

It was just the beginning... the beginning when i saw his face... his smile... his everything. this was the beginning when my life changed.

- you are 10 years old, a lonely little girl who was quiet and an introvert. you lived with just your mother and grandmother, your father? he died from an anonymous accident that is a myserious popular case for the past four years. -

SECOND POV

It's morning and the sun shines at your face, the birds chirp pretty loud for the time being. you get up and look out the window and stare at the birds, "Goodmorning birds..." You pet one of them gently. the other birds sings a song to you, you smiled. You move to get your brush, comb you (c/h) (h/l) hair and put on your clothes for the day. " are you awake now sweetie?" nana enters the room. "yes nana i'm awake." you turn to see her smiling, "you have such pretty hair you know that?" you smile at her, 'She's probably going to mention that story again' you thought. "You know, when i was young, i had soft, beautiful hair... one day i had my hair in pigtails and i was runnin' around church one day and the priest got mad that he decided to pull on my hair. And you know what happened? my hair fell out and he was just holding on to one pigtail..." you gave out a nervous chuckle, "Yea my hair is pretty delicate..." she gives out a sigh. "is breakfast almost ready nana?" you asked. "oh yes! that's what i came here for... your mothers almost done so, come over now." nana says. Mother calls out your name and you walk over smiling, "Goodmorning, (y/n)" Mother says, "Mornin' mom!" you smile while getting up on the chair.

"I heard theres a new family that has moved in, (Y/N)" Mother says, you look up after shoving mashed potatos in your mouth. "now how many times have i told you not to shove food in your mouth like that? you'' never get a boy if you keep doing that!" Mother says, "Shes just a little girl, she'll know what to do.." nana sighs. "Do you know their names?" you ask, "I think they're the Smith's.." Mother says, "Do you wanna stop by and say hi, (y/n)?'' mother adds, you stop eating and looked up slowly. you've always had a hard time meeting new people, ever since you were four when you started speaking. "cmon we'll go this afternoon, i'll make pie for them." says Mother. you get up and put your dish away, then headed to the bathroom to wash up. "do you really want to go see the smiths? i bet they have a boy at your age, maybe you'll like him." Nana says while leaning against the wall. your face turns red, "who knows? you'll see them this afternoon anyways so, have fun." Nana says, she then walks away and you head to your bedroom. You then stare at the books you've been reading for the past few years and kick them off to the side.

You plop on your bed thinking if they're good people or not while hugging your pillow. The birds chirp again, you turn and look at the birds with a pouty face. "I wish i didn't had a difficult time communicating you know?" you look at one of them, they chirp back. "I just want to talk to people without being terrified..." you put your head in your arms. the birds chirp back like a normal conversation.." (y/n) are you okay?" Nana asks. The birds fly off and you go back on your bed upset. "I want to become good friends with anybody with no problem communicating but i'm always terrified to speak.." you tell nana. "(y/n) it's okay.. i was like that too trust me, i've always had a hard time communicating when i was your age too.. i would avoid being in any group and i would always be by myself, anybody like a man, woman, child, they would talk with me and i would panic and not know what to do but run..." Nana hugs you tight. "how are you able to talk a lot more now, nana?" you ask, "well, ever since i met your grandfather, your opa, he changed my life.. I met him when we were just teenagers and it was the time when us women are boy crazy but I just wanted a friend. We talked and talked forever and grew such a bond that we fell in love and got married."

you look up at Nana and wondered, 'will a boy ever change me..?', You thought for a while, "what, you don't think somebody will ever change your life?" nana asks you. You look up at her again, "I mean... I don't know..." you respond, "whenever you and your Mother go meet the new neighbor, pull up your big girl pants and talk with them, i'm pretty sure you'll be alright." Nana says. She gets up and starts heading out your room. "you can continue talking with your birds, sorry that i interupted." Nana says on her way out, "no it's okay! i'm glad you came nana, thank you." you respond. Nana smiles and walks off. You looked down and see the books you kicked few minutes ago, you then picked them up and organized them. a picture slids off and you pick it up. "oh, it's a picture of father mother and i." you say. "Father, I miss you.." you slide the picture back in the book and get up. "oh dear glad you're here! i finished the pie, lets head over to the new family's house?" she asks. "yes mother." you respond, "okay get ready quick we don't know what time they go to sleep." your mother adds. Mother leaves and it's just you you then search for your shoes for a little while till you hear chirpping again. you turn and see the birds pointing down, you look down and you see your slippers. "thanks." you say smiling