Deep Talking

SECOND POV

It's late at night and you're over at the smith's house. You and Erwin are sitting on his bed and He's reading a story to you. The book he's reading is a book you two first read, just for nostalgic reasons.

You and Erwin laugh at the memories that flash back between you two, "no like- remember whenever we were acting out as the characters and then an apple fell on your head?" Erwin says laughing, you felt your face heatin up, "y-yea! uhm, remember that time whenever.. uhh..." you try thinking of something but nothing seem to come up so you dug your head in the pillow from embarassment and Erwin laughs a lot harder. You two  lie down right next to eachother and stare at eachother and end up laughing again, You smack him with a pillow, "what are you looking at?" you say, "you, duh?" Erwin says, You two laugh more. "what are your dreams?" Erwin says, resting his in arms looking at you. "what are my dreams?" You say, "my dream is to be like my father, a soldier in the Survey Corps.. He was such a brave man and I would love to continue on his legacy to be strong and to show he can do anything and protect the ones he loves..." you say, "I also have a dream of going out of those walls, going to see those deserts, rainforests, and arctic places your father taught us whenever we were young.. I wannt to not only protect people but I want to see whats out there.." You say, puting your head down, looking at Erwin, you see him smiling a lot, "I have the same dream too, (y/n)..  I hope to become a leader to every soldier one day and take control of anything that happens, because being in control of those things is the most important thing ever.." Erwin says.

"may I ask a question, (y/n)?' Erwin says, "Sure whats up?" You respond, you feel like the question will be deep and you wouldn't know how to answer." What, happened to your father?" You let out a big gulp, "My father... was murdered.." you respond, "oh my god i'm so sorry (y/n).." Erwin responds, "you don't have to tell me the whole story.. I don't want you feeling sad.." Erwin says, "No no, it's okay Erwin, I'm willing to tell you, you're the closest friend ever and I wouldn't mind telling you.." You tell him, you sit up, take a deep breath and prepare to not cry

"when I was younger and when my dad would be away, there would be these men asking for money, every single week, my parents would pay them but when they had money. At some point after paying them back we wouldn't have money for food or anything to feed eachother. My dad was such a brave man, he was very generous too, I always looked up to him and i remember i would try and exactly be like him."

Erwin closes the book and puts it on his tabel and lays on his side and rests his head on his hand and looks at you. "continue on with the story, i'll listen."

FLASHBACK (SECOND POV)

"again again!!" you say while being thrown in the air by your father, "okay, one more time so your mom doesn't get mad.." Father says, then throwing you up into the air, "honey i'm home from the market!" the door closes and father puts me down, "mommy!!" you rush to hug your mothers leg, "hey honey" father kisses her forehead, "what'd you get this time?" he asks, "the usual, (y/n) do you want your favorite dish?" mother says. you climb up on the dinner table, "yes pleasee!" you tell your mother. "how was being with (y/n) honey?" Mother asks. "It was well, I threw her up in the air again, she really loves that, makes her giggle, right (y/n)?" Father says as he grabs your cheeks and makes a silly face, all you did in response was laugh. Nana comes in walking hugging and kissing your mother on the cheek, "good afternoon honey.." nana says, "mornin' mom" mother says. mother starts preparing the dish for the family, nana goes up to your father and asks, "have you paid the men yet?" nana asks, "no  not yet nana, i will tonight though.." your father responds with. you never really knew who 'the men' were everytime you'd hear your nana, mother, or father talk about them.

"i'm pretty sure I have enough money to give to the men" mother says. she continues on cooking and they all stop talking, out of curiosity you ask, "who are 'the men' you all talk about?" your mother drops her cooking untensil out of shock and father and nana turn to look, "what?" you say. "you must never worry about it at all sweetheart, they have no buisness with you, alright?" father says, then kissing your head. you let out a little 'hmph' because you didn't get the answer you wanted. Nana goes and sits right next to you, "nana can you tell me?" you turn to nana. nana lets out a sigh, "honey you don't even want to know who these men are.. you'll figure it out when you're older." Nana tells you, "but I really want to know!!" you scream, "Honey, how about after dinner, i'll tell you, okay?" Your father says, you smiled, "okay papa!" you told him, he let out a sigh with a worried face.