They didn't understand, it's okay

Erwin's POV

i felt something special between (y/n) and I, like we were meant to be friends. she's my first ever friend that i've shown her the books about animals. I hope she's not faking her reactions.. "did you had fun, my son?" Father asks. I looked up at him and smiled, "I had a great time with her, father." I respond happily. "I hope you two end up great friends in the future.. she seems like a great person and a great partner in crime, you know what i mean?" Father says while grabbing a cup of coffee. I just let out a nervous laugh. I understand what he means, she is a great person, from what i know so far. "It's getting late my boy, go to sleep and maybe when you wake up (y/n) will be here? i'm pretty sure you wanna talk with her more.." Father lets me know,"Alright father, goodnight then." i waved and left my father alone so he can study for a lesson that he's going to teach soon. "Before you go to sleep, Erwin, can you promise me something?" Father says, I turn and respind, "yes father what is it?" i stand there with a long distance between my father and i. "When you show (y/n) the creatures, and other stuff outside the walls, can you promise me that you won't tell anybody else, and can you promise (y/n) that she won't tell anybody, even her mother?" He tells me with a strict face, I let out a gulp, even though I understand what my father is requesting me to do, I feel as if it's a strict rule i must follow within my whole life till my grave.. "yes father, I understand." i accept his request and head over to my bedroom and get ready for bed. I let out a nervous sigh and brushed it off in a non threatening way and slept.

SECOND POV

You wake up with the sounds of birds singing their hearts out, waking up you do your usual routine, Brush hair, dress for the day, breakfast, and talk with Nana or your mother. "when will we head to the smith's? I really liked talking with Erwin and he was showing me this book before you called my name and we had to leave." You ask politely, "Seems like you enjoyed yesterday huh (y/n)?" nana says smiling. "yea he showed me this book with these cool animals! i forgot if they were fictonal or not but either way it was still cool!" your Nana and Mother look at eachother and smiled at eachother, "sure we can go now sweetie, just let me get ready and we can head out." Mother responds with, se then heads off and it's just you and nana. "Is the boy cute?" Nana asks out of the blue, You look up confused, "I mean he is but I don't of him like that, nana." you respond. "You say that now but wait till you get older." Nana responds with, "remember when I told you that story of your Opa and i? That was me too when I met him, I thought he was just a friend but he became my boyfriend and then husband.." Nana explains, You let out an 'egh' when you hear the word 'boyfriend' you don't even want to believe that Erwin would even be interested in you when you two are older, if you two are still friends.

"Okay lets go (y/n)!" mom says while walking out. "bye bye (y/n), see you this afternoon!" Nana says. Mother and i walked for a good five minutes without speaking, "Is Erwin a gentleman?" Mother asks, "I mean, I guess? all I know is that he is very kind." You respond with an annoyed tone, "Thats good, looks like we're around the corner, why don't you knock this time?" mother suggests, you shrug and walk up to the door and knock, you quickly go right next to your mother worried if they're not home. Mr. Smith walks out smiling, "Good to see you two again! Mrs. (l/n) beautiful as always, you two can walk in." Mr. Smiths opens the door wider for us to enter, "Thank you, Mr. Smith" Mother responds smiling, you let out a tiny 'agh' again, but softer. "Erwin! your friend is here!" Mr. Smith calls out, Erwin then walks out with the same book, "hello (y/n)" he says to you, "HI Erwin!" you smile and give him a hug, "are you going to show me the book again?" you ask excited, "seems like both of them are getting along well." Mr. Smith says smiling, "We can, maybe we can go outside this time since it's fresh today." Erwin asks, you let out a smile, "sure!"

You and Erwin walk outside for a bit till he points at a tree with bright red apples on it and beautiful dandelions around the tree. You two then sit down and admire natures beauty, "now where did we left off at?" Erwin says while flipping the pages, "wasn't it a giraffe?" you respond with, "oh yea we did leave off there!" Erwin says giggling. "now what animal should we look at next..." Erwin says while flipping the pages, "Maybe go to the one where you think is the most interesting?" Erwin thinks for a good while and goes 'ah huh!' and flips to a page labeled, "gorrila" i look up confused and give out a little laugh, "thse creatures are one of the most fascinating ones ever, why? because they connect to us, humans, and they eat bamboo shoots and fruits." your eyes twinkle from how much Erwin knows, "thats so cool..." you let out. "(y/n), can you keep me a promise?" Erwin asks, "whats up?" you respond as he closes the book, "can you promise not to tell anybody about this book, it's forbidden in a way to talk about these types of creatures, not only nobody will believe you but things could happen too.." he says, your eyes widen and you then let out a gulp, "o-okay.." you say, "I don't meed to scare you I just want to keep you safe, (y/n)." he says.

you two hear footsteps and look up and see a group of three kids about the same age as you and Erwin. "what are you reading?" says one of the kids, "its a book about-" you try explaining but the kid cuts you out, " I dont care about the book, let me see it." the boy snatches it and looks at the cover and made a disgusted face, "egh who even reads these kinds of books?" the kid opens up the book and starts ripping the pages one by one not even caring about you and Erwins feelings while the boys friends laugh their butts off. You look at erwin and he has a natural face, no reaction, nothing, you stand up and say, "hey what's the matter with you? you can't just go doing something dumb like this to somebody you don't even know?!? that's just messed up! leave us alone and quit being mean!!" you've yelled so loud that the boy rolls his eyes and says, " to bad that book can't recover on his own..." he walks away. You turn around to see Erwin upset, "are you okay??" you go up to him, he then lets out a tear, "I-i'm so so sorry that happened to you I could've done something!!" you say, feeling extremly bad for him, "it's okay, it's not your fault, (y/n).." you give him a really big hug because you don't even know what else to say.

You start picking up the mess of the book and shed a tear out of frustration. you got all the pages and sliding into the book and giving the book to Erwin and he just looks at the book and lets out a big sigh staring at the book. You both lie down on the grass and stare at the sky, "what are you gonna do now that the book is messed up?" you ask, "i'll ask my dad for another one, I guess.." he responds. "maybe we can make a book together on our own!" you say sitting up, "it can be about us and what we see!" you say while your hopes are going high. "you know that seems smart!" erwin says sitting up too, "we'll call it, 'adventures with Smith and (l/n)'..." you say, smiling. you two then hear a kid groaning in pain, you two turn and see a mother pulling on his son's ear and a mother going up to you two, "i'm so sorry are you the two children that my son messed up a book from?" she says in dissapointment, you both look at eachother and nod, erwin pulls the book up to show the mother, she then gasps and pulls her son infront of us and yells at him, "Mike Zacharias! apologize this instant!!" his mother says "ow ow alright!!" he pouts and crosses his arms, "i'm sorry!" he says, then looking away, "say it politley.." his mother says, "FINNNEE.... i'm sorry for ruining your special book that meant a lot to you..." the boy says, Erwin and I look at eachother and nod, "i forgive you, but i won't forgive you for ruining a book my father gave me and made by hand, that will take a while to recover from.." Erwin says, "again i'm deeply sorry that my son did this! is there any way we need to pay you back?" the mother asks, you two shook our heads no and she walked off, you two got up and headed inside.

"hello son! how was outside?" Mr. Smith asks his son, he drops the book on the table and walks to his room, "some kid made fun of us and ruined the book..." you say putting your head down sad, "oh no.." Mr. Smith says, Mother covers her mouth, "did that book meant a lot to him?" Mother asks, "yes, yes it did, I made it by hand with every drawing and detail in it." Mr. Smith says, "Erwin, my boy come out please!" He calls out, "yes father?" Erwin answers while wipping his eyes, " you and (y'n) come here.." he says. "Let me tell you two how everything is going to be okay, i'm no good helper but let me inform you on this.. There are some kids, even adults who act like that because they don't get the kind of of respect at home so they feel the need to let it out on somebody else, but they didn't understand , because they don't understand themselves too. i'll remake the book for you two and write new stuff too." You and Erwin nod your heads in agreement, "and remember, "they didn't understand, it's okay..."