Chapter 1

I need to get out of here. I watch the rain droplets trailing down the walls of the airport terminal. The blurred image of the runway lights distract me a little. Or so I thought. It adds to my frustration that I am stuck here for a couple of hours till I get to board my flight. The reporter on the television informs about the collision of two cyclones which was predicted to cause a huge loss. Cyclones. It always reminds me of him. The weather was not so different from what it is now, back then. Naksh. Why does my mind go back to him every time? While looking outside trying to contain my thoughts, I find the view strikingly similar to the time we met for the first time.

3 years ago

"The weather looks like it's gonna turn worse", Naksh says.

"I know, but I don't want to cancel plans".

"Eth... I know this is important but just take a look outside, it's not looking good".

"But we both know we wanted this today and you came all the way, traveling uphill just for this".

"But... okay let's do it. I am staying nearby anyway. I'll meet you at Angie's at 4. Is that fine?".

"Okay! I love you".

I glance at his caller ID which displayed on my phone screen for a brief moment. Three years. After three long years I'm gonna meet Naksh. My Naksh. I still can't process everything that is happening. After all those long nights spent texting each other and all those little calls here and there, I'm finally going to meet him. And nothing, by nothing I mean not even mother nature can stop me from meeting him.

I walk down the street and pass by a few blocks till I stop at the big wooden engraved sign 'Angie's. We sell coffee' I laugh a little at the tag-line. How typical. I pushed through the door which could change my life. Even though I have been to Angie's a million times already, the wooden artwork, smell of freshly ground coffee and the view of little lights illuminating the houses in the valleys through the drenched window makes everything look surreal.

"The usual, Eth?", Kat says in low tone.

"No, I am expecting someone", I smile a little.

"Okay", Kat says with her iconic teasing smile. God, this woman! I will burn this place down if she embarrasses me in front of Naksh! As I shoo her away, I look back at the blurry but breathtaking view through the window pane. Clouds pass through the valley like a waterfall, embracing the hilly ridges. The temperature board displays a huge 15 degrees but I feel my body is 3 degrees. It's almost 4:15 p.m. and no sign of him yet.

"Eth! Sorry, almost there... Just wait", Naksh texted me and a moment later I hear the door bells chiming as I hear Kat saying, "Welcome!" in a bright tone. As cliche as it sounds, everything seems to move in slow motion. I look at the man pushing through the doors with a bright smile plastered on his face which could light up this entire town. I swear to god that smile. It is more dangerous in real life. I find my cheeks heating up a little bit and feel my lips curl upwards a little. This shouldn't affect me as much as it is. Oh no! That damn smile. I find Naksh approaching my table but didn't miss the stares I was getting from Kat. What am I supposed to do? Should I shake hands with him? Maybe a hug? Why, just why am I getting so nervous to meet my own boyfriend?

I slowly stand up from my seat and my eyes meet a pair of beautiful green orbs that belong to the man who is standing in front of me. Naksh's features looked even more ethereal as the lightning bolt which strikes outside illuminates his face. I hear the loud sound of the huge thunderbolt and use it as an excuse to drift away from the awkward environment forming around us. Maybe Naksh had the same thought because I see him turning to the side as well, through my side eye.