Chapter 12

Three months later

"Hey, is this okay?" I hear Naksh ask pointing at a card designed with bold golden lines.

"Yes, this seems fine. But I need the message. We don't have time." I reply.

"Chill people, its only like, what, ten invitations? It will be over in a matter of minutes. Plus, you are graced with my presence, it will be done soon" Kat says while placing two big mugs of coffee in front of us.

"That is what makes me worry." I snap at her.

"Yo, don't be rude to someone who practically left her business and flew to Bangalore just to plan your wedding." My brother says while sitting next to her.

"When did you both get close?" I ask them, narrowing my eyes. Kat rolls her eyes while my brother shrugs. Naksh giggles.

"So.. what is up? " I ask curiously.

"Hey, he is younger than me, dude. Eww. No" Kat says looking at my brother.

"I know right. Eww. Can't two people just be friends and not romantically involved?" He asks us. We shrug.

"Okay, concentrate. We need to get the message." Naksh says. I nod.

"How about this,

'Love fills a moment, a moment fills a lifetime, a lifetime fills an eternity. Our eternity begins here, at the wedding of Naksh Lakshmi and Ettan Ravichandran. Please complete our happiness by celebrating our wedding.'"

"Its perfect !" I say looking at Kat thankfully. We finish our invitations which and Naksh goes out to send them to our families.

"So how is the situation at home?" Kat asks.

"They are getting better. I mean they agreed to come to Laos for the wedding. Would anything be better?" I ask. My brother nods.

"He.. the guy sitting next to you played a major rule, I must say. And thankfully, the situation with right wing got settled too." I add. Kat looks at my brother proudly.

"Right.. what happened?" Kat asks.

"They got legally punished for violence and Varun.. he is attending counselling during bail." My brother says in a low tone. He is still sour about his best friend. Kat pats his hand, comforting him.

"In two months, you will be married. I am so happy for you guys." Kat says.

"It's not like we are legally getting married." I reply.

"It still is marriage, Eth. At the end of the day, all that matters is if both of you are satisfied."

"We are." I smile. The next months fly by with Kat and Nakul planning the wedding, booking hotels and everything. In a blink of eye, we are in Laos standing in front of the altar holding hands at the Mekong riverside. I see the matching white Dhoti wear we are wearing with the matching golden and white towel on our shoulders. I look around to see my family and Naksh's mom standing looking at us with affection. I feel my brother standing behind me for 'emotional support' as he said. Few, that is about four of Naksh's and my close friends are also standing. Kat arrives with a fat book on her hand, wearing a white gown and beautiful garland on her head, oh and never forget the dark maroon lipstick. This is the first time I see her wearing white.

"So, In the name of god, whose existence I do not believe in, are you, Naksh Lakshmi ready to accept Ettan as your husband?" She asks making the guests and my parents crack a smile.

"Yes." Naksh replies.

"What about you Ettan Ravichandran?" She asks me.

"I do." I reply while tightening the grip on his hand.

"Anyone who do not approve of this marriage? Oh no one better be.. because I literally died planning this wedding." She says.

"Yes, I died too." My brother agrees. Everyone laughs.

"Okay, without further ado,lets get this over with. Please exchange rings." We do as she says. I can't believe this is happening. I look at Naksh and he looks at me. With a look and many unsaid feelings we exchange smiles. I hug him like my life depends on it. I feel the flower shower from my family and the guests. I move a away and look at Naksh while I'm still holding him. He smiles and kisses my cheek. Right. Our parents are still here. I mean it took them so long to agree for this wedding. We can't afford to scar them for life.

"I now pronounce you, husband and husband" Kat says opening her arms.

"You may kiss each other... afterwards." She whispers for only us to hear after glancing at out parents who are moving away from the venue. We move to the restaurant and have food and enjoy the presence of the people that truly matter to us.

"Hey, Kat. When did you start reading Vedas?" Naksh asks Kat.

"Pfft. That was a dictionary. I couldn't find anything as thick as the holy Vedas at home." She says while sipping on a bottle of wine. Typical Kat. She dances around merrily to the music at the restaurant. Thank god we are in an unknown country, because this woman can be embarrassing, most of the times.

"Which bottle is she in already?" Naksh asks me.

"Third." I say counting the empty bottles on the table.

"Hey, wanna see something?" Naksh asks. I nod my head. He pulls me away from the restaurant and towards our suite. I gulp nervously. He closes the door and pulls me towards the room's balcony. We stand by the balcony which opens to a beautiful view of the hotel's garden. The wind blows Naksh's hair in all directions which makes him look more ethereal. The cotton kurta sticks to his chest while he pulls me closer, wrapping his arms around me.

"You wanted to show me this?" I ask looking at him.

"Nope" He says.

He lowers his head to attach his head with mine. He kisses my forehead. I look at his eyes which are now looking at mine. He lowers his gaze to my nose and pecks my nose. I scrunch my nose a little while tightening the grip around his neck. I move a bit closer while his eyes are on my lips. I deeper my gaze on him while he bends forwards and connects his lips with mine. I feel the world fade away and kiss him back. We deepen the kiss while his hold on me tightens. He pulls away due to shortage of breath.

"I wanted to show you this." He says finally. I pull him towards me and kiss him. The following days go by in a flash.

"So, Eth is in Kolkata and Naksh is in Bangalore, what are you guys going to do now? Will you be together?" My brother asks as we stuff our luggage in the cab.

Me and Naksh look at each other. I hold his hand.

"No idea, but Laos seems to be a good place to start." I smile as I look at him. We glance at each other unknown of what future holds for us.

The End.