Chapter 2

We get out from the car and I approach Naksh and stand beside him. He looks at me for a brief moment and looks back at the beautiful sunset in front of us. The Princep Ghat is not crowded today and the weather is nice. As I watch the golden beauty going down the horizon, I hear Naksh calling my name. I turn around to find him sitting on top of the hood of my car and reaching his hand out signaling me to climb up as well. I smile as I take his hand and sit down next to him.

"Have I told you that I have always wanted to watch the sunset near a water body?", Naksh asks in a raspy voice which I never heard but its not like I hate it. I wonder if it is the setting or his jet lag that brought out the raspy tone but if it is the latter then I hope he never recovers from the jet lag because that was downright sexy.

"Yes", I reply.

"There is something about the sunset that makes you think about your loved one", He says as he takes my hand in his and continues,

"It always makes us miss that certain someone. It always makes us wonder if that person is watching the sunset too. The colors that the sunset give to the sky always makes us realize that life is something that should be cherished. It gives hope and makes us believe that there will eventually be a new day and a new beginning. It makes us know that the night ahead is so long and even though the night is just as long, when the colors of darkness fade... dawn will absolutely come. It pushes us to believe that we should live on just another day, just to see the face of the one we love the most. Just to hold the hand of the person that we love truly".

"Naksh... ", I am at loss for words. I don't know what to say. He interlocks our fingers and looks at our hands which fit perfectly like puzzle pieces and smiles. He looks up at me and meets my eyes. Those green eyes say much more than just pure love. Those eyes hold emotions of all sorts, pain, joy, fear, satisfaction and other emotions which only Naksh could know.

"I love you, Ettan", He finally says and holds his gaze for a few moments and glances back at the sun which is halfway down the horizon now. I look back at the sun and think of what Naksh said. The sunset truly is something that happens everyday, so insignificant yet something which is so powerful. It is something that is always overlooked on but when observed carefully, holds so much meaning in it. It embodies patience, worry, happiness and the last ray of hope. The last streak of sunlight beams so boldly as if it warns us about the dark and cold night ahead. I tighten the grip of my hand in Naksh's and press his hand gently though the interlocked fingers.

"I love you, Naksh. So much".

We sit in silence and watch the sky turn dark blue. Right when I thought it couldn't get anymore perfect, I hear a huge grumbling sound next to me. Due to the unexpected noise which arrives suddenly, breaking the silence around us, it takes a moment for me to process what caused the chaos. I look up at Naksh with a teasing smile, while he looks down at the ground below us embarrassed and cutely pats his tummy and looks up at me with wide eyes.

"I'm hungry", He says with such innocence that I don't know how to handle. I smile at his actions and get down from the hood of the car pulling the hungry kid along with me.

"Shall I drive? You have been driving for a while. Plus I need to make friends with your car considering that I am gonna spend the next two days alone with him", Naksh says.

"You could have just said that you wanted to practice driving my car since you have to go to Darjeeling tomorrow", I say with a smile as I throw my keys at him. He catches the keys and smiles a little.

"You still have this?", He says with a wide grin, pointing at the little minion on the key ring. He pushes the button on the keys indicating that the car is open.