KIN Show Summary & Characters

Here you'll find helpful information about the entire KIN universe to use in your pitches! Even if you have never seen the show, we'd love to see what you can come up with using this crash course on all things KIN.

SHOW SYNOPSIS

Kin is a drama about the complexities of life, love and family relationships in contemporary Singapore, encompassing relatable stories and characters fortified and driven by suspenseful mysteries, moral dilemmas and twists in the tale. Kin promises tightly-paced compelling mysteries with red herrings that develop in tandem with the emotional drama of the growing bonds and relationships between two swapped-at-birth daughters and their real families, as well as with each other.

Episodes 1 – 243:

23 years ago, two baby girls, Ella and Yoke were switched at birth. It was not an accident. Who did it and why? Their mothers May Wan (55) and Jessica (55) attempt to unravel the truth as they grapple with birth-daughters who are their polar opposites in every way – one privileged and elitist, the other rough around the edges and with a penchant for getting into trouble. Is blood truly thicker than water? These four characters put nature vs nurture to the test. 

Episodes 244 – current:

5 years have passed since Yoke and Ella had their lives turned upside-down when they returned to be with their rightful families after having been swapped at birth. Now, Yoke has seemingly embraced her role as a status-conscious, high society Shelley, assuming a leadership role in the family business. Ella has accepted her fate as a member of the salt of the earth, working-class Loh family but struggles to make something of her life. Has the nature vs nurture battle run its course or are relationships between the families still as fraught and complicated as ever? The Lohs, Shelleys, Hassans, and Balas have overcome personal loss, incarceration, as well as estrangement of their loved ones; yet lingering tensions remain. Mysteries continue to unfold as characters pursue their individual agendas, while emotional drama abounds as surprising twists are revealed that threaten the stability to which they have become accustomed.

For a video summary of the first 243 episodes of Kin, watch "Kinship", a special recap episode HERE

This special recap episode features behind-the-scenes interviews with the Kin cast, as they take you through all the high points, twists and turns of the past 243 episodes. Catch up on all that has happened with the Shelleys, Lohs, Hassans and Balas in the past year.

Full KIN episodes can be found HERE:

CHARACTER PROFILES

The Shelley Family*In order from top to bottom, left to right

The Shelley Family
*In order from top to bottom, left to right

Eunice Shelley: After meddling once too often, Eunice has damaged her relationship with son James, who keeps his distance from her. Eunice wishes she could see her grand-daughter Maxine more often, but she keeps herself occupied by transferring her attention to godson Matthew.