{chapter 2}

"Whoa!"

Marinette looked down from the Eiffel Tower as she held on to her ice cream. This was the first time she'd ever been on such a tall building. She looked to her side, seeing Chat Noir sitting next to her, licking his own ice cream and smiling.

"This is so awesome! If someone had told me before that I would end up in this moment, I would have called them crazy," Ladybug spoke and Chat Noir chortled.

And for the next few minutes, they both sat in silence and stared. It was so peaceful, just the way she liked it. When she finished her cone, she shifted closer to Chat Noir and placed her head on his shoulder.

"What do you usually do whenever you turn into Chat Noir?" She asked out of curiosity.

"I stop crimes, like for example robbery. But most of the time, I turn into Chat Noir just to be free." Chat Noir put his arm around her. "It's going to feel even better having you by my side though."

Ladybug was about to make a reply when something dinged. Chat Noir took out his phone and looked over at the screen. His face scrunched into a frown as he tapped on something, then put his phone down.

"What is it?" Ladybug could already feel her worrying look appearing on her face.

"It was just. . . A message from someone, though I'm not sure who." Chat Noir shrugged. "Plus the message was quite weird. Don't worry about it though." Chat Noir then started standing up. "It's getting dark. I promised I'd bring you back before midnight. We better go."

"Right." Though she couldn't help it, Ladybug was still worried about that text message Chat Noir had received. He said not to worry about it, but his reaction obviously said otherwise. But, she still followed Chat Noir without any more questions, swinging from one house to another with her weapon; a yo-yo.

They landed on top of the bakery and Marinette went inside her room through her window, waving at Chat Noir. But that wasn't before she kissed him lightly on the lips as goodnight. "Bye Chat Noir."

"Good night, M'lady. I'll see you in school tomorrow, alright?"

"Oh, you're coming to school?" Marinette widened her eyes I'm excitement. "Finally!"

"Yeah, Mom said I could take a break if I wanted, but now I'm ready to come back. I'll definitely be there, probably even earlier than you since you never arrive to school early." Chat Noir smirked and Ladybug rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright, good night." Chat Noir waved one last time, turned around and flew off.

~~

Chat Noir arrived at the secret place he had shown Marinette before they went to have all their fun. There he de-tranformed, returning to his civilian self. He hadn't told his mother yet about all this super hero stuff because it had never crossed his mind, but now he made a plan to tell her first thing tomorrow.

"You and Marinette are quite in love now, aren't you?" Plagg grimaced. "Pah! Who needs love when you got cheese. Remember your promise, Adrien. First things first after we get home."

Adrien groaned. "You keep nagging me about this. Yes, I won't forget to get you your cheese!"

"Last time you did."

"This time I won't."

"That's what you said last time."

"Let's go home, Plagg."

"But remember to- ADRIEN!" Plagg's eyes seemed to widen as Adrien could notice fear on his face, instantly knowing something was wrong. "ADRIEN, LOOK OUT!"

But before he could turn around to see what the problem was, he felt something hard against his head, before a hand pushed him to the ground. Whoever had attacked him, grabbed Plagg with both hands while Adrien struggled to keep his eyes opened. That's when he noticed the shattered pieces of glass all around him.

A hand grabbed unto his hair and tugged on it, before someone whispered in his ear. "Ah, I got you now!"