{chapter 5}

Adrien looked up again, staring straight at Marinette who was in front of him while outside of the cage. He started shaking, knowing it was getting colder in here, wherever he was, but his main focus hadn't been on the cold, or the fact that he hadn't eaten anything. Instead, he fixed his eyes on Marinette, confusion and anger taking over him.

"Just what do you want??"

Marinette chuckled. "I want you gone, Adrien!" She gave a snarky reply.

"I don't believe it's you! The Marinette I know would never do this to me!" Adrien screamed out, frustrated. "She's a kind and sweet girl. There's nothing you can do to make me change the way I think about her!"

"Adrien. . . You got closer to the fake Marinette. You see," Marinette stood up from the ground, "it was all just an act to get closer to you. I fooled my parents into going on a two-week date just so they could suggest I stay with you in your mansion. Of course I agreed, because it was all part of the plan. I acted like I liked you, but in reality, Adrien, I despised you!" Marinette twirled around with a smirk. "You see me here, don't you? You see me with your eyes, or are you also too blind to realize that you've been getting closer to your enemy?"

Adrien gulped, but didn't say anything.

"Gabriel may have not known a thing, but Lina and I were in on it together. We planned it since day one!" Marinette grinned. "The only way I could take your miraculous away from you was to get close to you, and I managed to succeed. Don't you just feel stupid now, Adrien?" She started laughing as Adrien gritted his teeth together in anger. "It's about time you were taken down anyway. Paris doesn't need Chat Noir, after all," Marinette leaned in closer, "Ladybug is far more better than you could ever be!"

~~~

Marinette entered her bakery, the thought of Adrien being with Lina still in her mind. It was the only thing that made sense. Lina kidnapped Adrien. The only thing she didn't know was why! Was she just a psycho who enjoyed torturing others?

Marinette walked up to her room without running into her parents. She knew soon she would have to come down and help with the bakery, so she wanted to get as much time alone as she could and think more on what her next move would be. So far though, she had no idea what to do.

She closed the trapdoor and headed towards her bed, but then she stopped when she caught sight of her opened window. Frowning but also full of hope that it could be Chat Noir, Marinette walked up to it and peered outside; there was no one out there, but she did notice something in her balcony.

Walking there, she picked it up. A piece of folded paper. Marinette unfolded the paper and read what was written on it.

𝚆𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙰𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝, 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔? 𝙶𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚞𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎'𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝙰𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕, 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚕 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛.

𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

Marinette balled her hands into fists as the paper dropped out of her hands. I was right! I was right! I knew I was right! Turning back around, she walked inside her room and sat down on her bed, Tikki appearing out of her purse.

"What do I do?" Marinette muttered.

Tikki flew over towards her. "I say you play dirty! Marinette, Lina wants you to meet her up and hand over your miraculous. You obviously can't do that, but go over there and pretend you're going to hand over your miraculous." Tikki smirked. "I know someone who can help you out with this!"

"Really?" Marinette's face brightened up again as she stood up. "Let's go now! The sooner we take Lina down, the better!" She changed her worried face into a more determined look as she transformed herself into Ladybug, before jumping out of her window, and using her yo-yo, she landed on another roof.

Tikki spoke in her mind as she guided Marinette to the location that they needed to get to. As they went over there, they passed the Agreste mansion, and when Marinette looked down at it, she felt even more determined to bring Adrien back.