{chapter 6}

She heard footsteps, making her turn around. Just like Marinette had thought, Lina was walking over to her, and she had such a smirk on her face that Marinette could not decide whether she had a plan of her own or not. Marinette's hands were in her pockets, with the fake ladybug earrings inside one of the pocket as well. She had went alone with Tikki's idea, hoping that it'd work as well as they had planned.

Lina stood just in front of her, about 7 feet away from Marinette. She took out her hand, waiting quietly for Marinette to hand over to the miraculous.

"Wait, before I do that," Marinette sighed, trying to sound like she was upset all over again. "You have to tell me where you kept Adrien. Where are you hiding him? I cant give you the miraculous if you don't tell me!"

Lina tilted her head a bit, the smirk never leaving her face. "I'll tell you after you hand over to the miraculous."

"No, I don't trust you!" Marinette glared at her. Dang it, Lina! Do you take me for a fool? I'll get Adrien. I'll find him and I'll bring him back and take you down. Just you wait! "You're a villain for goodness sake, I'm not supposed to trust you. But if you tell me where Adrien is, I'll instantly hand over the miraculous without hesitation!"

"So then. . . why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm not a liar like you, Lina! You're pathetic and manipulative. I'm not like that, and I'll do everything in my power to bring Adrien back!" Marinette stared at her with such a determined look, but for some reason, Lina let out a laugh, as if it was hilarious seeing Marinette like this. Marinette really wanted to punch her in the face, but keeping her cool, she managed to stand where she was. "I have the miraculous with me, Lina! Just tell me where Adrien is and you'll get the miraculous. Isn't the miraculous what you've wanted the most? And isn't that the reason why you kidnapped Adrien in the first place?" Dang it, woman! Just agree so I can get out of here and go over to wherever Adrien is supposed to be.

"Fine," Lina shrugged. "I'll tell you where Adrien is. It's really simple, actually. If you had paid attention to your surroundings, you would have seen him much quicker." Marinette frowned at the words Lina had said, but Lina didn't stop there. "But because you're too blind to figure out where your Adrien is, I'll just tell you instead. Adrien is. . . hanging down from the top of a really high building!"

Marinette gulped when she said that. Lina turned around, and pointed a finger towards a building that was quite far away from them, but even though it was far, she still caught sight of something that looked like two human beings; one hanging from the building, while the other held unto him from the top. Clenching her fists, Marinette turned over to Lina. I don't really know if that's Adrien, but something tells me she's lying! "What is wrong with you?!" Getting irritated by the whole situation, Marinette took charge, stepping forward and bringing her hands out to push Lina. But even as she did, Lina suddenly just vanished into thin air like she was never there before. Marinette stood there, confusion overtaking her.

It was an illusion! But how. . .? I remember going over to Master Fu's lair like Tikki had told me to. Master Fu had shown me the fox miraculous, a miraculous that granted illusions. How is it that Lina was able to make an illusion without the fox miraculous? And that's not it. Why would she send an illusion over here to come collect the miraculous I was going to give her?. . . or perhaps, she had already seen through my plan and knew I wasn't going to hand over to the real ladybug miraculous? But still. . . Marinette was suddenly interrupted by a sudden scream, and when she heard, she couldn't help believing that it sounded just like Adrien. No way! Was Lina telling the truth?

Is that really Adrien hanging from the building?