15 - Go To A Sporting Event

Anna

Me and my friends are giggling as we get into our car a few weeks later to make it to the Kohl Centre for the men's hockey game that is happening in half an hour. At the arena I pull out my homemade sign from the car, glitter coming off of the letters as the four of us walk up to the entrance. When we get our tickets scanned at the doors we go to our seats right by the glass. I hold my sign up against the glass when the players skate out for warmups. I bite my lip as I wait for Eli to look my way. My boyfriend's eyes turn my way, I grin while shaking the sign i'm holding, he skates over with a smile on his face, he places his gloved hand on the glass, I bring my hand up against his, "I love you" I mouth to the hockey player, "love you too" he replies, I blow him a kiss and giggle when he mimics catching it. He waves at me before skating away towards his teammates. 

When warmups finish the four of us sit down to wait for puck drop as the zamboni floods the ice once more before the game. I bite my lip gently as I look around the arena at the crowd gathering. "I know that look, you're either nervous, thinking or feeling shy, spill girl!" I look over at Emily, who is sitting next to me, "I think i'm ready" she tilts her head confused, before a look of realization crosses her face, "you mean..." I nod while biting my lip again, she smiles before bringing me into a hug, "i'm so excited for you A, Eli is the right guy" I sigh as I tighten my grip on her. After a few seconds we pull away from each other, "okay what did we miss?" Sierra asks, I laugh looking at my two other friends, "tonight is the the night" they gasp with grins on their faces, "are you sure babe?" I nod at them, they squeal before we have a group hug. The horn sounds making us pull away as the players skate onto the ice again getting in line for the national anthem. 

+

By the third period I start feeling anxious with the game ending and what is to come once it's over. Gwen takes my hand squeezing it, "it's going to be okay, Eli loves you and will make this a special experience for you" I nod as I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. My gaze moves back to the hockey game in front of us, I get absorbed into the game which makes me forget about my nerves. After a few more goals for the Badgers the time on the scoreboard runs outs making the crowd jump to its feet in celebration, us included as I wave around my sign again. Eli points at me as he skates back to the bench with his teammates, I grin at the gesture watching him laugh and yell with his team. They leave down their tunnel so the four of us start our trek up the aisle with all of the other fans wanting to get to mine and Eli's usual post-game meeting spot. 

My one hand is holding my sign with my other hand scrolling through my phone as I wait for Eli to be finished. "We're going to go A, do you want us to take your sign?" I look over at my roommates, "it's okay, I want him to see it" they smile before all coming to give me hugs, wishing me luck before leaving the arena. Seconds later when I look back towards the hallway leading to the locker room I see Eli, he's smiling as he walks over to me, "looks like my number 1 fan is still here" I grin "i'll always be here" his arm comes around me when he's close enough, "and I love you for that" I let go of my sign, letting it fall to the floor before I wrap my arms around him in a hug, "I love you too" he kisses my head gently while holding me. I breath in his cologne to calm myself before speaking, "is Cal going to be in your room tonight?" he pulls away slightly looking down at me, "no, he's going to be with his girlfriend, why?" I bite my lip nervously, "i'm ready" it takes a few seconds but his eyes widen in realization, "are you talking about..." I nod with a shy smile, " are you absolutely sure?" my hands move to his chest, "yes i'm sure" he kisses my forehead before taking my hand, "okay lets get out of here" I bend over grabbing my sign off of the floor before Eli leads me to his Jeep. 

+

When we get to Eli's dorm room, I stand by the door my arms wrapped around myself as I watch the hockey player take off his suit jacket, placing it on his desk chair. He turns to me, immediately coming over when he sees my expression, "darling, we don't need to do this" he exclaims while rubbing my arms, I look into his eyes seeing the love in them. I let my arms fall to my sides as I bite my lip, I shake my head, "no I want this with you" he smiles lowering his head pressing his lips to mine gently, my hands move up to either side of his face as his hands go to my hips. His fingers bunch up the bottom of the jersey i'm wearing, he pulls away for a second "can I take this off?" I nod and let go of him as he slowly slides off the red fabric, leaving me in a tank top and my jeans. Eli brings his hands back to my hips pulling me flush against him, "you're so beautiful" I blush as my fingers move to the buttons of his dress shirt, "thanks you're not too bad either" he grabs my chin gently tilting my face up before kissing me, my fingers stop unbuttoning his shirt as I relax into him. I feel his hands move to my thighs before lifting me in one movement, I giggle as my arms go around his neck, he smiles into the kiss before moving his kisses to my neck, I gasp when he bites me gently, my fingers weaving in his hair as he walks us to the bed where he lowers us onto the comforter.

Eli hovers over me with a look over concern on his face, "stop looking so worried E, I swear that I want this" I say while bringing my hand up to his cheek, he turns his head slightly, kissing my palm, his eyes still on me. My hands go to his belt buckle but before I can do anything Eli brings a hand over mine, "no, let me take care of you" my eyes look at his, "I love you so much" he smiles before kissing me quickly and moving his lips down to my chest, his fingers lifting my tank top gently before kissing my skin, I bring my fingers into his hair and he peers up at me, "keep going" I say his eyes darken at my words. I help him take my clothes off before I do the same for him and his clothes. My fingers run along Eli's skin but before I can explore too much he connects our lips in a heated kiss, our surroundings fade as we spend the next hour showing our love for each other.

+

Later our legs are tangled together as I rest my head on Eli's chest, his fingers are running through my hair gently. "You doing okay gorgeous?" I peer up at him with a smile, "i'm perfect" he kisses my forehead, letting his lips linger there for a few extra seconds, "you mean everything to me, don't let anyone tell otherwise" I move my head back to his chest, "I won't, you're my person and I know that" his arms pull me tighter against him as I trace random shapes on his skin. I let out a loud yawn, making my boyfriend chuckle, "go to sleep Anna, i'll be here when you wake up" I nod into him and my eyes slowly close as his fingers move along my skin soothingly.