19 - Go To A Party III

Anna

A vibrating noise wakes me the next day, I groan and snuggle further into Eli trying to block out the noise. I feel him shift but I don't move as I peer up at him my fingers moving along his bare chest as he reads something on his phone. "Do you want to go to a party tonight?" he asks while putting his phone down before bringing a hand to my t-shirt clad back, gently running his fingers along my spine, "sure, what is it for?" I reply with a smile, "it's our captain's birthday" I nod and he pulls me directly on top of him. "Mmmm I could get used to this" Eli says before bringing a hand up to the side of my face pulling it down to press his lips to mine, I sigh as my hands slide to his shoulders. Eli's hands move down to my lower back scrunching up my shirt, I pull away gently, "nope, I have school work to do, and so do you" he pouts at me his hands holding my hips, moving his thumb along my skin, "please don't leave me high and dry here darling" I slide off of him gently to take a shower and get changed. 

When I'm dressed I go back into my bedroom to see it empty, the bed made with a piece of paper sitting on my closed laptop. I take my brush running it through my wet hair as I walk over to grab the paper, I open it to see Eli's handwriting,

went to get a change of clothes and my books, will be back soon   -E

I smile before dropping the paper on my desk, grabbing my laptop as I walk out of the room to go make some lunch to get me through the next few hours of working on school assignments. I leave my laptop on the coffee table in the living room before going to the kitchen to start making food. Arms suddenly wind around my waist, I jump slightly, "sorry darling" I relax at Eli's voice, "I didn't even hear you come in" I exclaim while peering up at him, "Gwen let me in" I nod and turn back to the stove. "Whatcha making?" my boyfriend asks while resting his chin on my shoulder, "just some pasta" he hums before kissing my temple, letting me go, "i'm going to drop my things in the living room" I nod as I move the pot to the sink to drain the noodles. 

+

A few hours later the two of us are still spread out on the couch with our books on the coffee table. I shut my laptop with a groan as I rub my eyes to get rid of the tiredness. "I can't do anymore, i'm done" I hear Eli shut his own computer before scooting next to me wrapping his arms around me, "I love you" he mumbles before kissing my head, my hands go to his arms, "I love you E", his phone vibrates so he lets go to check the notification, I stand up and bring my arms over my head stretching after sitting for so long. I slide my phone out of my pocket to check the time, i'm surprised at how late it has gotten, I turn to Eli, "i'm going to go change for the party" he nods as he packs away his things. When i'm standing in front of my closet with my hands on my hips, Eli sneaks up behind me, laying his hands on my shoulders, "what should I wear?" I ask, "it doesn't matter to me, you look great in everything you own" I roll my eyes at his useless answer before walking forward to grab the body con red dress that I haven't worn yet. "Perfect" Eli says before kissing my cheek, "i'll be back at 8" I nod as he walks out of the room shutting the door. 

I go to my bathroom to put on some makeup knowing that this party is a special occasion. When I finish I double check in the mirror before smiling and going to my bedroom to shimmy into my red dress. My hands smooth out the fabric, I walk to my full length mirror and tilt my head to see if the outfit is alright, I twirl a piece of my hair with my finger trying to figure out what's missing. My gaze suddenly latches onto my hair, I smile as I rush to plug in my curling iron hoping that i'll have enough time to do my hair before Eli comes to get me. At 8 on the dot the doorbell rings, I put down my hairspray before grabbing my purse and going to the front door of the house. Once I have my heels on I open the door with a smile, "wow i'm dating a supermodel" I blush at Eli's comment as I step out of the house, he winds his arms around my waist bringing me flush against him, "and i'm dating a hunky hockey player" he wiggles his eyebrows at me and I giggle. He kisses my cheek gently before pulling away to take my hand, bringing me to his Jeep, I smile as Eli opens the door for me, helping me into the passenger seat before getting into the driver's seat. 

+

A few minutes later the two of us walk into the captain's house, Eli's hand on my hip as we go through the crowd to find his teammates. I tug at Eli's sleeve making him look down at me, I point to where I see Cal, he smiles and tugs me in that direction. When we get to Eli's teammates they all greet him, I smile at the guys i've learned to love, "hey Anna" Cal exclaims, "long time no see" he laughs. The team captain Brett suddenly approaches bringing me into a hug, I giggle as I return the gesture, "happy birthday" he smiles and kisses my cheek dramatically, "I'm glad you could make it" I nod and Eli brings me to his side again, "hands off my girl cap, you have your own" I snort and shove my boyfriend's chest, he retaliates by squeezing my butt, I gasp slapping his hand. "Okay we're going to leave you guys alone" Brett says with a smirk, "use protection children" Cal exclaims before they both walk away. 

I turn to face my smirking boyfriend, "where did that come from?" he shrugs while bringing his hands to either side of my hips pulling me to him, "you started it with that shove" I roll my eyes, "only because you were jealous, even though you know that Brett has a girlfriend" he looks at me sheepishly, "I can't help it, especially when you're in this dress, which makes my mind run wild at the things I want to do to you" I blush deeply looking away from his intense gaze. I squirm a little not used to guys talking to me like Eli just did, I try to pull away from him, "shit that was too much, i'm sorry darling" he exclaims while keeping me close, I look up at his concerned expression, "it's okay, i'm just not used to comments like that from guys, especially when it's about me"  he drops his head kissing my lips gently, pulling away seconds later, "you're gorgeous and I will never stop reminding you of that, even if it gets a little dirty at times" I laugh and he pulls me into a tight hug, swaying us from side to side. I tilt my head up after a few minutes to see Eli looking down at me already, I shift my weight to be able to connect our lips, one of his hands moves to the back of my neck keeping me in place as our lips move in sync. 

Later when we pull away from each other we make our way to the kitchen to get something to drink. A bunch of the hockey players are standing around the kitchen counter talking, "where have you been man?" Eli shrugs before greeting all of them, leaving me to pour myself a drink somewhat listening to what they're talking about while I do so. When I finish filling our cups I turn to go to Eli, as I do so a girl in a barely there dress tips the drinks towards me, I gasp when I feel the liquid spill down my front, "oops, maybe you should watch where you're going whore" I look up at the stranger who smirks at me before walking out of the kitchen. MY bottom lip trembles, hands come to my shoulders, "darling what just happened?" I bring a hand up to my mouth as I let out a sob, tears rolling down my cheeks, Eli brings me into a hug, I brings my arms around him, my sobs getting muffled by his shirt as my hands grasp onto the back of it. He kisses my head "shhh it's going to be okay" I pull away slightly to look up at him, he brings a hand to my face, his thumb wiping away my tears, "can we go?" he nods and guides me out of the party as I keep my gaze downwards to hide my face.