••••

It was a rather rainy afternoon... All the small businesses around town were closed for the day.

It was quarter to five, and the flower shop on the corner of Burnt Oak Avenue was still awaiting it's first customer.

The owner, Mr. Derrack Andrews, was currently occupied reading the newspaper-- something about the solar eclipse that had just passed last week on the front page...

Downstairs, Maskmen was stood on an old and rickety step-ladder, attempting to reach and grab something from the highest shelf.

While barely grasping onto the wall for balance, he nearly reached success.........until---

The shelf fell off the wall, and the ladder fell from under him.

With a yelp, he landed on his back, flower pots and plants smashing and scattering all around him.

The smashing of the pots made Derrack jump and nearly drop his paper; "Mask, what's going on down there?" He called down the steps.

Mask, rather quickly, jumped to his feet, calling back: "Very little, Mr. Andrews!"

Derrack sighed, returning back to the newspaper.

Mask adjusted his glasses, sighing and brushing himself off. His ears twitched, hearing the static coming from the radio that landed on the floor.

He picked it up, making a broom come to his hand.

Setting the radio on his bed, the static ceased and the announcer began talking again:

"Till the weekend. And at his press conference today, Mayor Autum Winters fielded questions concerning last Thursday's total eclipse of the sun-- an unprecedented astrological phenomenon which has baffled the nation."

Mask shut the radio off, having finished sweeping his bed clean of plants and pieces of broken flower pots.

From an apartment building from across the street, Andi cautiously walked down the front steps.

He stepped ever a passed out drunk, and hastily making his way across the street to the flower shop on the corner.

He adjusted his blazer, biting his tongue and hoping no one would notice his recently received black eye...

Word Count: 332.