3

I groaned as one of the Braves' trainers pressed her fingers to the large knot that was forming on my head.

Allie and I were sitting in the clubhouse where we were escorted to. The trainer replaced her fingers with an ice pack and started filling out a form.

"You'll be taking care of her?" She said, glancing at Allie.

Allie nodded.

"Okay, well, I'll just go over some things with you," she paused, making sure Allie understood. "She has a severe concussion, no doubt, so rest is very important. I would also advise the limiting of screens like phones and TVs. No physical activity for at least 7 days," she added.

I groaned and Allie started taking notes of everything the trainer was saying.

"She'll probably experience migraines and nausea. Oh, and remember to ice the place where she got hit," she finished.

"Who hit me?" I asked, looking at Allie.

"Dansby Swanson. The short stop," the trainer said before Allie could.

"Of-fucking-course," I said, rolling my eyes. "Wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose," I mumbled.

"Ouch," I heard from the entrance of the clubhouse. "I was actually coming here to apologize."

"You seemed pretty incapable of that a couple of hours ago, short stop," I said.

He put his hands up, surrendering. "Yeah. Sorry about that. I was really stressed and late. I'm not usually like that, I promise."

I nodded my head as I listened to his words. "Okay," I said, accepting his apology.

"And I'm sorry for hitting you in the head. I swear it wasn't on purpose. I don't think I can control where my foul balls go..." he trailed off with a chuckle.

The silence became deafening for a couple of minutes before he broke it again. "I never got your name."

"Olivia," I said, sticking my hand out for him to shake it.

Suddenly his eyes lit up and he gasped. "I know who you are," he said. "You're Olivia Jade, the model."

"Well, Jade is my middle name, but that is what I go by in modeling..." I trailed off before continuing. "I actually had a shoot tomorrow, but I guess I won't be attending that."

He scrunched his face up and it filled with guilt. "I really am sorry about that," he said again.

"It's fine, but I should probably get out of here before the other players get in here. My head might explode with that amount of volume."

"What's your number?" he asked, surprising me. "I want to make this up to you. Will season passes do?" he asked.

"Yes! Of course," Allie said before I could even speak.

I rolled my eyes at her and took his phone, putting my number in. When I stood up for the first time to hand it back to him, the room started spinning around me.

"Woah there," I heard Dansby say as he caught me before I hit the ground. "God, I must've hit you hard," he said, looking apologetic.

He helped me back to me feet and I slung my arm around Allie to stabilize myself.

"Well, goodbye, Dansby," I said, waving my hand at him.

"Bye, Olivia," he said. "And sorry again for everything!" he shouted as Allie and I walked down the hallway towards the exit.