6

I smiled as Dansby opened the passenger door of his car to let me in. He really was the perfect gentleman.

The Braves has just one 5-2 over the Phillies, and Dansby had 2 solo homeruns. He was in a very good mood to say the least.

"Can I have aux?" I asked. He didn't say anything as he focused on the road in front of him, but he handed me the cord.

I picked a playlist and set down my phone, letting Psycho by Russ play in the background of my thoughts.

"You played amazing tonight, Dans," I said to him.

"I think it was because of you," he said.

"Me?"

"Yes. I haven't played worth a crap these past few weeks. I usually just foul everything off before striking out," he said.

"Trust me. I know all about the foul balls you hit," I say referencing when he hit my in the head.

"Don't make me feel bad about it again," he said with a groan.

"It's fine, Dansby. Believe me," I said, placing my hand on top of his leg for reassurance.

"I thought I was going to kill you. You were looking all around the stadium and you didn't even know you got hit. I thought I gave you like brain damage or something," He confessed. "I was really worried and I felt really guilty," he added.

"Dansby..." I trailed. I didn't know what to say. It made me feel really good that he was so worried.

"Here we are," he said as we pulled into Olive Garden. I smiled as he came around to open my door again. "You're really pretty, Olivia," he said as he looked me up and down when I got out of his car.

I swear, anytime I he speaks I blush.

"You're really pretty too," I said. His bro's furrowed together.

"What?" he said.

"You're pretty too, Dansby," I said again with a giggle.

"You think I'm pretty?" He asked again.

"Yes I do," I said matter-of-factly before walking ahead of him into the restaurant.

We were seated shortly after arriving, and as soon as we sat down the waiter set a basket of breadsticks in front of us.

"Oh my god," I said as I inhaled the scent. "These are pure heaven."

Dansby laughed at my love for the breadsticks before his face got serious again. "Olivia-

I cut him off before he could finish what he was saying. "Why do you call me Olivia. Everyone else calls me by a nickname except for you."

He chuckled. "I love your name, but anyways, I want to tell you something."

"Go ahead," I said to him.

"IthinkthatIreallylikeyou," he rushed out in one breath.

"What was that?" I asked him, cocking my head to the side.

"I said that I think that I..." he trailed off.

"You think that you what? Come on spit it out. I'm on the edge of my seat," I said.

"I think that I really like you, Olivia," he said as he squeezed his eyes shut. He kept them closed until I placed my hand over his.

"I think that I really like you too."