Demon x Angel!Fem!Reader

I love these types of oneshots but I'm going through a writer's block right now, so I'm sorry if this isn't good quality.

-------

(y/n)'s POV:

Hanging out in the garden again, I observed the grass as it gently swayed in the cool breeze. Each blade of grass shifting peacefully with one another while the clouds gradually followed from above. Earth was incredible, even if I don't belong there anymore. 

I died a while ago. I may be an angel, but I never felt real in heaven, so I live here on Earth. No human is able to know or see me, but I still enjoy observing them from time to time. Angels were supposed to be warriors and perfect; I was never like that. Pacifism always fit me better than fighting demons. Why would I fight them anyway? They may have made mistakes, but they're fighting us so that they can get into heaven. So that they can be happy. I never understood why it must resort to violence, but maybe that's why I'm an angel.  I failed to notice the large figure approaching behind me until their hands wrapped around my throat. 

"Well, look at that! A weak, defenseless angel!" The demon spoke roughly. I screamed as best as I could but it can out as a whimper beneath his tight grip. Fingers suffocating my throat painfully, my breath consisting of helpless gasps. My smaller hands scratched and pried at him arms but he only held a sadistic smirk. "What's a cutie like you doing on Earth?" 

Squirming in his grasp was my only available movement. I looked into his red eyes, tears starting to form within my own (e/c) eyes as I begged weakly. He let out a low growl before tossing me to the floor. The impact painfully stinging at my sides yet my focus was on gasping for any air I could. Coughing and gasping, I shakily started to lift myself off of the ground. "You're a weak one, aren't ya?" The demon mockingly questioned. I slowly got my breath under control and glanced up at him. He had platinum hair with striking red eyes, pale skin with various scars, wearing black metal armor that covered up the rest of his body. "..L-Leave me alone!" I managed to stutter out. I glared at him the best I could, peaking through the strands of my (h/c) hair. 

"Awe... You think you stand a chance to escape," he bent down closer to my shaky form, a deep chuckle emitted from his lips as he continued to smirk, "how pitiful.". I sat upwards and gripped the ground tightly. My knuckles turning white from the intense grasp I held onto.

"I'm not looking for a fight, please just leave me alone!" I demanded a little louder than before. Uncontrollable tears slid warmly down my (s/c) cheeks as our eyes locked. His smirk fell into a disappointed frown, red eyes glowing with consideration as his gaze softened. My eyes softened as well, grip relaxing against the ground. I've never seen a demon look so... empathetic. Most demons would just torture angels in a sadistic frequency, yet his eyes only showed concerns and genuine pondering. 

"Ugh, fine! For now," the demon muttered lowly. I froze in shock. Huh?! He's just gonna leave me alone?!  I snapped back into reality when the demon sat down next to me. "Don't even think about running away though. I'm not finished with you," He grumbled angrily. Facing him quickly, I searched his eyes for any signs of sarcasm. He just glanced at me in confusion. "eh? what?" he asked me softly. 

"I... I've just never seen a demon act so... nice." I shrugged. I turned to my surroundings once more, watching the grass peacefully sway as if there was nothing strange occurring, but I failed to notice the pink blush that heavily fell upon the demon's cheeks. "umm..well.. my name's Ayato, and since you haven't punched me yet," he paused momentarily, "what's your name?". 

A slight blush warmed up my cheeks at the question, but I quickly hid it by facing the opposite direction. "It's (y/n), (y/n) (l/n)," I replied softly.