04 ; song of understanding

CHAPTER FOUR

A couple of days passed, and college life at the moment was the only thing on my mind. Meeting my professors stressed me out to say the least, but I was able to put on my teacher's pet attitude with ease.

I had no friends in my classes, which wasn't surprising seeing as I only made one friend at this school and that was Katrina. Her and Colby... but I wasn't sure Colby would classify as a friend as we only shared awkward encounters.

Knowing that the only thing separating us at night was a wall, made me curious to say the least. It wasn't the fact that I liked him... it's just... he intrigues me.

But I would never tell him that. Not that I'd have a chance to anyways.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when a certain blue haired girl bursted into my room.

"Oh my God! Cassie! I've missed you," She says, running towards me at full force. She envelopes me in a hug and I giggle slightly, pushing her off gently.

"Please don't tell me you've been doing this all week," She says, acknowledging the papers stacked up on my desk.

I grimaced at the sight, but it was true. Despite Katrina's efforts to hang out with me during my break times and such, I usually told her I was busy... with school work. The perks of signing up for hard classes.

"Yeah... you know what they say, college makes you or breaks you," I say, standing up from my desk, stretching out my arms and legs.

She scoffs, "Yeah, well it looks like it's breaking you at the moment. You look like you need a drink," Her eyes light up suddenly, "Sam's frat is hosting a party tonight, can I count you on being there?"

The thought of a college party scared me... that was definitely not my scene.

"Before you can say no, I want to tell you Colby will be there," She says, wiggling her eyebrows, "I know you like him. Like, I could feel the sexual tension through the door last week."

I roll my eyes, "Like him? I can't stand him."

Katrina only laughs in response, causing me to shoot a pointed look at her, "Come on," She drags out, sticking out her lip in a pout.

"No way."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"I could fail."

"Doubt it."

"Still."

"I'll dress you up."

"You could leave me at the party."

"I probably won't. I'll introduce you to all my friends."

I stare at her, and she opens her eyes wide and innocently. My confidence shatters at the look, and I instantly give in, "Fine. Screw your puppy eyes. I'll stay for maybe thirty minutes."

"An hour."

"Thirty-five minutes."

"Forty minutes."

"You will be the death of me, Kat."

-

Before I knew it, I was sitting in Katrina's dorm room. She was throwing clothes left and right, clearing her vanity, and giggling every two seconds.

"You really don't even need to wear something revealing, you're already hot," She says, holding up a sparkly gold dress, and I shoot her a pointed look, "Why? This dress is cute... fine. But anyways, I would totally go for you if I weren't obsessed with a boy named Sam Golbach, and straight as a pole."