25.

-HER-

"Good morning to you," The familiar voice of the tall she-wolf greeted me when I woke up from sleep abruptly. I was drenched with cold sweat. My mouth was very dry and my throat ached.

I struggled to breathe for a couple of moments before I was finally able to come in terms with reality. Black dots swam in my vision as I looked around for the tall, she-wolf, Celeste.

She was seated just outside the prison, looking bored.

"What kind of nightmare were you having? It looked kinda worse," She said as she raised from her place and fetched a glass of water before putting it inside the bars. Without thinking much, I reached for it and drained it in one breath.

I was oddly starting to trust her. I should be scared about this but there was something about her that made me feel safe. Even though her kind was holding me captive for the heinous act that I tried to commit against their Queen, she didn't seem to be very judgmental of me.

Wait a minute!

Was this some sort of charm that I wasn't aware of? Did she have some magic in her psyche? I was aware that her mother was a witch. Her father must have been a werewolf and I am guessing that he didn't have anything magical in him.

That way, she may only inherit any magic from her mother but her mother's a witch. Mine was an enchantress. A witch's magic doesn't have any effect on an enchantress, which applies that even if she manages to have some magic in her psyche, it shouldn't affect me. Then why and how was I able to feel this around her?

I narrowed my eyes at her as she handed me a loaf of bread through the bars. Her grey eyes looked straight at me before she muttered, "What?"

I snatched the bread from her before disappearing in the shadows of the prison. I was starting to trust her and it could prove to be very dangerous for me.

I have never trusted anyone. I used to when I was a little girl. It brought nothing but harm to me. I should learn from my mistakes. I wasn't going to commit those mistakes again.

I glared at her as I hungrily bit into my bread. She sighed before going back to her place.

"Today they'll come for you again. Be prepared," She spoke nonetheless knowing that I wouldn't understand a word but she was smart enough to keep her voice stern to give me hints.

As I was finishing my bread loaf, more voices and footsteps entered the prison. A stern look climbed on her face as she looked at me. They were some guards. They waited outside the prison while Celeste opened the door and stepped in.

My hair was scattered all over the place. A tortured look decorated her face before she started to collect it and tied it in a strange manner just like yesterday. My hair seemed to have grown more since yesterday. This meant that I was still recovering from the phase.

The guards accompanied me and Celeste out of the prison. My hands were shackled behind me. Celeste was just behind me, one of her hands holding my tied hair while the other rested lightly on my shoulder.

My heart drummed in my chest and my stomach churned painfully.

As they walked me through the unknown hallways, I was scared for sure. Though I wasn't scared of what they were going to do to me. No. I was scared of her... the tall she-wolf who walked behind me.

After last night, I was starting to get comfortable around her. Her presence was starting to make me comfortable, which, it shouldn't. Her friendliness and easy-going nature were scaring me.

No one had been so nice to me before. This was scaring me. Of all the people, she should be the last person to be nice to me. She was slowly starting to earn my trust in an odd way.

I was scared that once I start trusting her, she would do something terrible. I wasn't going to fall prey to this again.

I shrugged to let her hand slip from my shoulder but it stayed. Instead, she gave me a light squeeze, as if assuring me that everything would be fine. It made my heart race even more. My stomach threatened to get rid of the bread I ate just moments ago.

When I realized that she wasn't going to move her hands from my shoulder, I gave up and concentrated on where I was being taken instead.

The place was huge but I noticed that I was being taken somewhere at the heart of the palace. The courtroom.

Fvck! Were they already going to put me on trial?

She squeezed my shoulder assuringly again as if she could sense the panic in me. I threw her a glare from above my shoulder. The look on her face remained blank but her eyes softened over me for a moment before she squeezed my shoulder again.

The fact that she was trying to keep me calm was scaring me even more.

Before I knew, I was being walked into the courtroom. I was familiar with the place. Everyone was already seated in their respective places.

The royal couple sat in the front, on their thrones and beside them, the prince sat. I was careful enough to not look in his direction. I was being sat on a chair again before Celeste tied me to it.

I did not try to struggle. When she was done, she stood close beside me. The witch, Kiara, who looked into my psyche yesterday was present there too.

I noticed the striking similarity between her and Celeste. Both were dark and had the same facial structure, though their builds were extremely different.

Kiara was short. Celeste must have inherited her tall and strong build from her father. I did not know who it was but I was sure that I'd soon find out.

"Your highness," Kiara stepped in front of the royal couple and bowed before she spoke, "My witches have prepared the potion of Dusphilek. This is the potion of truth and tongue. It's said to have made the mutes speak too. With your permission, I'd like to administer this to her. I am sure this would make her talk in our tongue,"

The king of the wolves, Arles nodded at the witch before she stepped in front of me with a golden goblet.

When she held it against my lips, I drank the potion. It was sour but I continued to drink it until the goblet was empty. When I was done, the witch stepped away from me.

All eyes were trained on me. Everyone was holding their breath as the king rose from his throne and demanded, "Who are you?"

A smile climbed on my lips as I happily answered in my usual Ounaric, "I am the daughter of the evil,"

...

vote. comment. share. follow me

READ THE NEXT FOUR CHAPTERS ON INKITT FOR FREE!

Inkitt is an ad-free website where you can read all the stories for free. All you need to do is just download the app. You'll find the link to my Inkitt account on the top of my Wattpad bio.

Binge Read up to Chapter 41 on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: Caught, The Trident's Legacy

The next update is on Tuesday. Thanks for reading and stay safe!

-Benita