36.

-HER-

A deafening growl drenched the whole courtroom in silence. I was visibly shaking as his silver eyes grew intense with rage. I could feel them leaving scorch marks on my skin.

The lump in my throat didn't let any word travel to my lips. My hands were tied and my tongue was too. I couldn't be more vulnerable.

"Why must I be punished for a crime that I didn't commit?" He gritted out. His eyes were throwing daggers at me. I didn't know what to do or what to say. All I could do was think of how my life was going to get worse.

"The fact that you didn't reveal to any of us that she's your mate after her heinous act is enough to show your lack of trust and loyalty to the state," Justified one of the council members.

Ares was shaking with anger unlike me.

I felt the extreme surge of power wash over me. It was forcing me closer to the ground. It felt as if I were being crushed by a boulder.

"I am not going to accept this," He gritted.

"Either way you'd have to give up your position, Ares," Rumbled the king. Rage and loathing were braided in his voice.

One thing I understood was that the wolves were very much law-abiding creatures. They were punishing the prince because I happened to be paired with him.

I couldn't be anymore unluckier to anyone.

Maybe, it was a legit crime to be paired with someone like me. I wouldn't be surprised if it were. The consequences were promising hell anyway.

"Who do you intend to put on my place?" He gritted.

"Regulus will step up in your absence," The queen spoke, "I am sure that he wouldn't disappoint me the way you did," Her voice had the same emotions laced on it as that of the king's.

A wolf rose up among the council members. He closely resembled the king. I instantly knew that it was the wolf the queen was referring to.

He looked comparatively calm and composed. His silver eyes glanced in my direction once before he spoke, "I am willing to take all the responsibilities entrusted upon me in the absence of my brother,"

"I cannot believe this," Ares gritted out. His eyes never wavered from me. I couldn't muster the strength to look him in the eyes. They overwhelmed me very much. I couldn't imagine what he was going to do to me once we'd be alone.

"Farewell, your highness," Spoke one of the council members before everyone rose from their seat. A group of witches surrounded him. Another group did the same for me. I struggled but my hands were decorated with shackles.

As they started to chant some spells, I frantically searched for the tall she-wolf. Panic rose inside me as I was unable to spot her tall frame in the crowd.

Soon, I tuned out of the spells. The only thing I could hear were ringing bells. Black dots started to appear in my vision while my heart drummed in my chest painfully. All the air seemed to be sucked out of my body.

I tried to scream but nothing came past my lips. When the black dots had overpowered most of my vision, I felt a sense of uneasiness wash over me. My body started to heat up while cold sweat ran down to my cheek from the edge of my forehead.

When the ringing of bells stopped, I heard a loud growl but it was soon cut by a crackling sound. Soon, the pressure was too much. I squeezed my eyes shut as I was being sucked into the darkness.

My senses abandoned me instantly. The last thing that I remembered was how his silver eyes looked at me viciously.

~