83.

The premises of the village were now guarded by tall flames of the fire, trapping the village people inside it with the beast who was slowly killing everyone there.

The soil of the village was soaked with so much blood already but the way the beast attacked and killed the people, it was just the beginning of the apocalypse. In the dark night, the cries of the villagers echoed. The thundering growl of the beast was enough to shake the ground beneath.

The chilly night wind loaded with the rusty smell of blood and ashes travelled to the nearby villages, alerting them of the consequences they might have to face soon. People were already fleeing away from that cursed place.

The wolf prince was blinded with so much rage that he had almost lost his rationality. He didn't see who he was killing and why he was killing. All he wanted was to taste blood to feel the power that had been taken away from him so that he could go and find his mate.

It was chaos all around.

As he decapitated a man and was about to reach for a child, strong winds started blowing out of nowhere. It was enough to distract his attention until the terrified child ran away from the beast. Soon, the cloudless sky above his head cracked in half with a very powerful, ground-shaking thunder.

Slowly, a storm started to form around him. The winds slowly grew so powerful that it unrooted trees and broke the houses before they became a part of the storm revolving around the beast. For a moment, the wolf prince stopped and looked around him in bewilderment.

Another powerful thunder cracked the sky in half once again before the strong winds disappeared and the things which were once floating in the air, dropped. The fire still somehow managed to survive the winds but the air in the whole village was now coated with dust.

The wolf prince let out a low growl as he proceeded to move deeper into the village, not caring how and why that sudden storm was caused. As he moved through the village, he soon spotted a tall figure approaching towards him through the combination of fire and dust.

It made him stop for a moment as he looked at the figure carefully. There was something about the figure which was so uncannily familiar that he couldn't ignore it anymore.

Who was it?

As the figure approached closer to him, moving through the thick fog of dust, he started to feel the power, that he once owned, oozing off the now approaching figure. It was as tall and wide as him.

Soon, he realized that it was so familiar to him. The more he stared at the figure, the more he felt sober from the rage.

As the figure approached closer, he saw a pair of glowing silver eyes that were very familiar to his. When the figure finally stepped out of the fog of dust, the wolf prince realized that it was no one else but the lonely god... his creator.

"Father," He breathed but Arles didn't stop walking until he was standing right in front of his son. Before Ares could utter anything else, he felt a stinging pain on his cheek before he heard the sound of the crisp clap.

"What have you done?" Arles gritted at his son as Ares slowly recovered from the hit. In the next moment, his chest vibrated with a growl before he lunged at his own father without a warning.

Arles was taken by surprise but it didn't take him much effort to block Ares before throwing him away hastily. Ares met the ground with a very strong thud that he swore he heard one of his bones snap. He groaned in pain before he slowly got up. Meanwhile, Arles stepped closer to his son with a newfound rage.

"This is all because of you!" Ares growled at his father before he tried to attack him again but with one kick Arles pushed his son back. Although, this wasn't enough for Ares to stop.

He soon got up and roared at his father, "WHY ARE YOU HERE NOW? ARE YOU HAPPY TO SEE ME SUFFERING LIKE THIS WHILE YOU REIGN WITH YOUR MATE HAPPILY?" He questioned.

"THAT GIRL TRIED TO KILL YOUR MOTHER!" Arles roared back as the duo circled each other with their claws out, ready to attack the other at any given point. The fire of rage was slowly starting to burn the fine thread of blood relation they shared.

"YOU'RE FORGETTING THAT SHE SAVED YOUR MATE TOO!" Ares roared back.

"Don't forget that my mate is your mother, Ares," Gritted Arles, "If it weren't for her, you wouldn't be breathing today," He reminded.

"And your mate would have been lost somewhere in the underworld if it weren't for my mate," Ares growled at his father. It was enough for the latter to snap before he lunched at his own son.

Both transformed midair and landed on the ground in their wolf forms and started to snap their jaws at each other savagely. Ares somehow managed to take a chunk off Arles's shoulder while Arles already had his jaw around his son's throat.

They had now completely forgotten that they shared blood, that they were son and father.

"STOP!" Another powerful growl shook the ground. It was commanding and feminine. Both of the wolves recognized the voice and they instantly released each other but didn't stop growling warnings at each other.

Before them, stood the queen of wolves. With hurt and disgust in her eyes, she looked down at her mate and son who were fighting for each other's life just moments ago. She couldn't believe that she was seeing such bad days.

The wound caused by the sight of her most loved one's fighting was always going to be in her heart now and nothing could cure it anymore.

"What have you two become?" She asked them weakly. Arles instantly phased back and reached for his mate who was on the verge of tears.

"Don't touch me," Nefret hissed at Arles as she heard Ares phase in the background, "I never imagined that you two could stoop so low!" She bellowed at both.

"He started first!" Ares pointed an accusing finger at his father and in return, he received a glare from his mother, "This is not you and Regulus fighting, Ares. He is your father!" Nefret bellowed at his son. Her words made his head hang low with shame but he still muttered under his breath, "Why is it that anything happens, it is my mate who is always taken away from me?"

"Maybe because she was never meant to be with you," Arles answered back. It was fuel to Ares' rage but he couldn't act because his mother was there and she was very upset over their fight already.

"Ares," Nefret spoke as she took a step towards her son, "Arsinoe's exile has been lifted. It means that you are coming back to Zaeris,"

"And what would I do there without my mate?" Ares questioned with rage.

"You would act like a sane man and rule the wolves," Arles gritted but Nefret ignored him completely and spoke, "You are coming back with us and that's my order. We will find your mate,"

"No need. That girl is better gone," Arles spoke in the background but went completely ignored by both the mother and the son.

"You will?" Ares asked weekly, reminiscing about Arsinoe's beautiful red hair and her luscious lips that he liked to kiss very much.

Where was his pharaoh?

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that your sins are forgiven," Nefret spoke grimly.

...

vote. comment. share. follow me

Read the ext 6 chapters for FREE on inkitt.com/parttimewolf

Read the complete book on patreon.com/Benita_16

Instagram: ptf_16

thanks for reading <3