CHAPTER 17

MAANVI'S POV

I go to the office at 9 as it was reporting time and it's very weird as I never worked in an office before.  as soon as I enter the receptionist tells me to go directly to the 30th floor.  I enter the small board room (smaller than the previous one).  I sit on one of the sofas and think to myself  " today is officially the first day " I was deep in thought that someone shouts from behind "AAAA!" I jump from the sofa and I look for the culprit ready to kill  " Yash sir !" I say in a monotone. " ha ha ha ha! you should have seen your face ha ah aha! " I just look at him cause he is in a higher position than me " sorry !sorry! but that was funny.  "AND don't call me sir it makes me feel old" he stops laughing and points a finger at me. I laugh and suddenly the door opens and Ishaan walks in with a cold expression and I was told that he is like this in the office. 

soon everyone gathers in the board room and the meeting and the positions and jobs are discussed. the  1st winner will become the Asst. project manager and Yash is the project manager and Ishaan sir will be the project director. the meeting goes on for about an hour and this project including there are 8 more people. After the meeting, I spoke to each person and I got to know that there are in their final year of interior designing from one of the top universities in Delhi. as soon as the meeting is done Ishaan sir leaves the room. there were 5 boys and 4 girls in total so we divide ourselves into subgroups and the main objective of today is to complete the basic blueprint. Yash takes us to the 25th floor where we will be working until we finish the project.

It was around lunchtime and all of us have become a little close through discussions and exchange of thoughts and ideas. we all decide to eat lunch at the cafeteria and we take our lunch and chat among ourselves. halfway through the lunch from the corner of my eye, I notice Ishaan sir coming, it seems like he is going out somewhere and suddenly a girl approaches him. she looks like an actress. Yash whispers to me " it's gonna be a fun show watch". I guess people are very much interested in the drama as everyone in the cafeteria is quiet and watching. the girl approaches Ishaan and clings to his hand and whines " why didn't you pick up my call baby " she clings to Ishaan's hand. as we were close to them we could hear everything. Ishaan brushes her off but her hold was quite strong but he pulls his hand tightly as she stumbles a little. he just gives her his cold glare which gives me chills down my spine. " baby" she whines again like a 5-year-old who didn't get chocolate. " don't ever step into this building again . this is my last warning. if you do then I'll forget that your dad is one of the board members." he says in such a low voice that the girl seems to be shaken and about to faint. he looks at the table where we were sitting and just leaves. " that was strange " I think to myself. anyway, we continue and no one speaks about what just happened. we go back to work and at the end of the day as I was passing by the desks I hear the girls from our group discussing and I hear one girl say " he is so hot. do you think he has a girlfriend." and the other girl says " as if he would fall for you" then the same girl says "I would hit on him. I think he would be interested. from tomorrow ill make him interested in me." I couldn't listen to nonsense anymore so I just leave. on the way, I tell Yash and go home. 

ISHAAN'S POV 

After the meeting, I go to my parent's house as I couldn't go yesterday. as I go to the lobby I see Yash and maanvi sitting together along with other eating. I don't know why but seeing Yash close to maanvi gives me a weird feeling. I shrug off the feeling and as I was about to go out a girl pops up and puts on a drama in the lobby. she is one of the director's daughters who is only interested in my money and wants to get laid. I ignore her and I just go. on the way to the house, I call them to inform.   

it takes me about 2 hours to go as the traffic is horrible. as soon as I go home my siblings jump on me as a greeting.  " why are you in the house today didn't go to college?" I ask in a strict voice " didn't want to go " they shrug and I look at them with an angry look and as I was about to start my lecture " bas bhai don't start your lecture. we are just joking. today there is a seminar for science students so they gave us a holiday." Aaru says. I leave them and go to greet my mom who is in the kitchen and as soon as I come out of the kitchen I was pulled by vihaan and Aaru onto the sofa and both of them started shouting in my ear  " how do you know maanvi Gupta ?" "Bhai how did you meet her " i was bombarded with questions from both sides and my dad was sitting on the sofa watching everything in silence . with the shouting my mom also came to see what happened " STOP !" I shout " slowly one question at a time". Aaru catches my shoulders " Bhai how do you maanvi Gupta " " she interviewed me and ---" I was cut off very rudely " we know that but why did SHE interview you ." vihaan says. " Bhai can we meet her. do you have her number? " I look confused " first how you two know her and I don't have her number." " Bhai you don't know Maanvi Gupta. are you living under a rock? she is one of the biggest YouTubers in India. " Aaru says. vihaan and Aaru start bickering among themselves leaving me occupied in my own thoughts. " stop it you two " pa says after some time and both of them sit silently.  " so Ishaan how is the hotel project coming?" " ya, pa we started yesterday and currently working on the basic blueprint ill send them to you once they are down. 

after a lot of convincing, I stay in my parent's house for the night and I go into my room and as i lie on the bed I find a small box under my desk. I go and take it out and there are a lot of pictures of me when I first joined IIT DELHI I look through all the photos and the last pic is of me standing in front of the entrance on orientation day. as I look closer at the photo I find a person standing in the background and as soon a si see it I'm shocked and rush to call Yash .......

Maanvi's desk looks likes this

Desk arrangement

The interior of the office with cafeteria

Office exterior.

Hi, guys here is another chapter of inked with love.  this is a long chapter, hoped you enjoy it.if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment and if you love it don't forget to vote. have a nice day. 

lots of love,

Ashley❤