Chapter 6

Sleeping Beauty

Note: the photo above gives an impression of the landscape around the village. I posted some photos on my instagram of the Wolfhard's mansion, you can check them out on @filliedreamers_.

"So, kid, tell me about him."

David grinned widely, as those words left his lips and he looked at his sweet daughter who was sitting on the edge of her bed. The blue dress still embracing her body, and the matching ribbon still hanging in her chestnut hair.

"About who dad?"

Millie answered, turning around her face and catching her old man standing behind her. David sitting down next to her a second later.

"Well... Eric Wolfhard's son of course."

The older man answered with something hopeful in his voice that wasn't hard too miss, but of course Millie hadn't heard it being too busy wandering through the memories in her mind from this morning. Thinking back of the moment she had looked into those dark eyes, only to feel like a fool and all that happened after that. 

After Eric Wolfhard said those words, it was one of the maids who moved first as she started to clean up the coffee in front of Finn, while every other person in the room sat frozen on their chair.

It was Millie who reacted after that, lifting up her body from one of the chairs and her heels clicking on the floor as the blue dress swayed around her body when she turned around. Getting everyone's attention immediately, not that that it lasted long as she disappeared in the doorway.

Sadie being the one who went after her, excusing herself and flicking her eyes over to Finn, who was sitting on the opposite side of her.

As the red haired disappeared in the doorway, she immediately caught Millie standing at the end of the corridor.

"What's wrong?"

Sadie said caring, placing a hand on Millie her shoulder as she took place next to the petite girl who had seemed to be caught by the words from Eric. 

"Nothing is wrong, I just..."

Millie didn't seem to be able to get the right words, flicking over her gaze to the woman who had been helping her this whole time and a thankful look appearing in her honey eyes.

"I don't know if this is something for me. It's so big, this house. And all those people working for me, it's so-"

"Overwhelming?"

The word Sadie choose made Millie nod her head determinedly. Overwhelming. It was exactly what she was feeling.

Sleeping in a giant bed was overwhelming, women and men working for you was overwhelming, having breakfast with people she didn't know was overwhelming.

But most of all it was Finn who overwhelmed her.

"I think I want to talk about it with my dad first", the brunette whispered softly. Not even lying, or coming up with an excuse, because she was telling the truth. Never before had she been away from home, and David's approval was all she wanted. 

Scared Sadie would judge her maybe, Millie shyly flicked over her eyes and glanced at the redhead. Only catching Sadie's nodding head as Millie turned around her face a bit.

"You should do that, you should definitely do that."

Sadie answered, wrapping her arms around the petite brunette and embracing her in a warm hug. Knowing it must have been Finn who scared her off a bit.