Chapter 10

Sleeping Beauty 

"Miss Brown! They're waiting for you!" 

Sadie yelled from downstairs, Eric Wolfhard standing in the doorway that led to the front garden, both waiting for the brunette to come downstairs. 

Two days had passed after the dinner, and miraculously, Millie being with them became more accustomed. Sadie was happy to have another woman around, whom she could chat with about everything and anything - always surprising Millie with her stories about Caleb and hers relationship. 

Eric Wolfhard grew familiar every day with having someone with him that was like his own daughter, just like Sadie was. Millie brightened up his mansion, and that was something which hadn't happen in a long time. 

Caleb, Noah and Gaten were so fond about the brunette, they always convinced Sadie to bring her whenever they were having another boys' night. Especially the young Schnapp could get along with her very well, the both of them having so much energy they were always staggering around the room with one another. 

And Finn? 

Well, he kinda started to accept the brunette being around. Not that he said many words to her, or spent time with her. Far from that, but he at least wasn't arguing with Eric that much anymore. 

He and Millie kept having this provoking way of communicating, both challenging each other with everything they said. But maybe, that was just how they were. 

Well, today was another day for them to get closer. Eric had insisted on the fact they would go for another ride through the woods. The old man had ordered Charlie and Jaeden to make sure the horses would be ready this morning, and so it came that he and the red haired woman were waiting for Millie to come down. 

The brunette appearing in a white blouse, tucked into the stretchy black trousers she was wearing underneath. Her hair put up in a bun, with two loose strains tuck behind her ears because they always found their way out no matter how tight she put up her hair. 

The heels of her black boots sounded on the stairs as she came running down, approaching Sadie and Eric, a wide smile plastered on her face. 

"Here." 

The red head handed her a puffy, dark blue coat. One which could protect her against the cold, because indeed: today was the first day of March when the landscape had turned white because of the snowflakes that didn't stop falling from heaven. 

Every year, over and over again, Hawkins disappeared underneath a layer of the cold substance. Usually, December was the month for snow to start falling, but since it had been a very rainy winter, they had to wait until March. 

But, today was the day the world had turned white, and a magnificent landscape had appeared. Making it even more exciting for Millie to go riding though the woods. 

After pulling on the puffy coat, the three of them walked outside. Noticing Jaeden and Charlie waiting with the horse next to them, while both young men were wearing scarfs, their noses tucked away in them. 

"Miss Brown", Jaeden said as he reached out to the petite brunette, and grabbed her hand a second later. 

"Let me help you." 

Millie felt how his hands circled around her upper body, giving her some support as she lifted herself up and landed in the saddle that was on Windsor's back. Her legs wrapping around his flanks, as she grabbed the leash. 

Her eyes pulling away from the horse, the second a raspy voice filled her ears and a dark haired young man came walking towards them. Wearing a similar puffy coat but his being black, and the strap of something he was carrying on his back crossing over his body.