Chapter 4

Dani's POV

I didn't show up. I was scared. All of my past relationships haven't be well and well I haven't had sex in over a year and a half because of my ex. My ex always knows when I get close to someone and when he does know he shows up and tells me really hateful things so I haven't been close to anyone since he last showed up. But Malcolm, he made me feel something that I have never felt not even with my ex.

I got a call from Gil telling me to get Malcolm and get to the crime scene right now.

"Why do I need to get Malcolm?" I asked.

"Because he isn't answering his phone and I am already at the crime scene. Now go get him." He said getting irritated.

"Alright fine."

I don't want to see him yet but I guess I will have to.

I got to his apartment and as I walked up the stairs and to his door I found his door open. I pulled out my gun and looked around yelling police to basically no one. As I searched his house I caught a glimpse of a person curled into a ball on the bathroom floor. I automatically ran over to him and got on my knees to get closer to him. First time in a long time I've gotten on my knees for a guy.

As soon as I reached him I found out that he was sleeping. He must've gotten out of his restraints.

"Bright?" I tried to shake him awake but it seemed like he was dead asleep or just dead in general.

The next best thing was hitting him. I mean I've done it before.

Right before I was going to punch him to wake up he screamed and clutched onto my waist. That woke him up. Having someone so close to actually hold onto scared him out of his nightmare.

"Hey." I whispered awkwardly.