𝙏𝙬𝙤

(Mattia's pov)

~

I was driving Dante home from the park now.

I usually didn't enjoy when people flirted with me due to my past. But, this time, I was the one who did the talking. I really asked for his number. Jeeze, What was I thinking.

Just felt right I guess.

He must think I'm weird for going so fast into things. Am I really even ready for this type of thing anyways? God, I'm stupid. The minute we get close he'll probably just stop talking to me.

Dante seems to like him though, I don't want to ruin that.

"Hahaha, you make funny faces." Dante giggles in his car seat from the back. I look in the mirror to look at him and smile. "I make funny faces, huh?" I shake my head.

"He's pretty papa! Don't you think so?" Dante changes the subject, having a short attention span. I cough at the sudden comment. "I-yea I guess." I stutter.

I put my attention back on the road.

I mean honestly if I think about it, the short boy was quite attractive. Fluffy dark hair, sharp eyes with long eyelashes, and plump-ish lips. Nice skin too. Well built jaw. He seemed nice too.

Even if I take him to get coffee or something, we probably won't talk to each other again much. Unless we hit it off well, seems unlikely though.

God, I think about things too thoroughly.

I need to think about Dante to though. He likes Kairi it seems. Kairi has a niece which is probably around Dante's age, maybe they'd get along. They could have little play dates. Not gonna lie, that'd be pretty cute.

I think way too much into the future.

We got home.

Right as I unlocked the door Dante ran to his room shutting the door. He was afraid I'd get mad at him, I feel bad for him thinking that.

"Dante! Can you come here bud?" I say slightly loud so he can hear me. "No!" I get in response.

I sigh and sit on the couch. "Please?" I ask again. "No!" Dante refuses.

I get up and walk to infront of Dante's door. "Please let me in. I won't get mad, I promise." I say calmly.

I hear shuffling till the door opens to Dante with a slightly wet face. "Aw bud." I bend down and wipe his face with my thumb. I squat down to his height. "Give me a hug." I open my arms. I hear a little "ok" for him. He hugs me, I hug back.

"Listen, I'm sorry for getting upset at you at the park. You gotta understand why I did though." I rub his back. He sniffles and looks at me. "Why?" He wipes his face. I get his hair out of his face. "Because you did what papa said not to. I got scared that you ran to where I couldn't see you." I say. "I'm sorry." Dante says faintly. "It's alright, just listen next time. Ok?" I nod my head a little. "Ok," he hugs me again.

"Do you want a snack before I make dinner?" I ask him assuming he's hungry. He nods his head. "How about peanut butter crackers or a sandwich?" I offer. "Crackers please." He makes grabby hands. "Ok bud." I pick him up and bring him to the kitchen.