17

"FELIX!" Rachel's scream fills the air.

"HAHAHA, how's that feel kid, you old race bloods are nothing." The man stood there laughing as he pushed his blade deeper into Felix, his cries of pain getting louder. 

There is a split second before the man removes the blade to go for another attack. Felix passes out in Rachel's arms. The man raises his blade to attack again but doesn't get the chance before dropping to the ground screaming. Everyone turns to see Jaemin's black eyes focused on him. Jaemin begins to walk towards the man with each step increasing the intensity of his pain. No marks appear on the man but he begins to writhe and convulse on the floor.

"Now, I know you didn't just stab a member of the Royal Bloodlines." He pauses not taking his gaze off the man writhing on the ground. "Gracie, do you sense any more hostility?" 

"None between here and the vehicles at the exit."

"Good. Rachel, can you stabilize Felix?"

"I... I think so, but the wound is deep, I won't be able to heal it on my own, he needs to get to a hospital."

"Connor." The Celestial heir is immediately taken aback by Jaemin using his first name. "I don't care if it goes against your orders, you made a promise to keep us safe and alive. Since Felix is currently unconscious on the ground the first part is already broken. If you don't get Felix to a hospital you break the second part of that promise."

"And what about you?" Connor replies 

"You heard Gracie, the path is clear. I'll make it to my vehicle and head to my safe house after I've dealt with this very sorry man."

"And why don't you just come with us now?"

A sinister grin covers Jaemin's face. "Because I want to play, and every second you spend arguing with me is another second Felix inches towards death."

Connor knows he can't argue with the boy right now and concedes. His military air returning to him.

"Let's go, everyone. Rachel, stabilize his vitals as best you can. Hyunjin, you need to try and cauterize the wound so we can stop the flow of blood. Gracie, minimize Felix's stress to prevent him from waking up and going into shock. The rest of you, hold him as steady as possible, we have to do this on the move."

Everyone nods in understanding and Connor takes another look at Jaemin before they move out.

Rachel's eyes glow a bright gold as she begins to regulate Felix's vitals. Hyunjin concentrates a small flame on the tip of his fingers and begins cauterizing the wound while Gracie holds his hand relieving any possible stress. They arrive at their vehicles to find the drivers all dead. Connor is the first to speak upon their arrival.

"Everyone split into your pairs and get in your vehicles. Go straight to your safehouses. I'm going with Rachel and Felix to the hospital. I trust you can manage on your own Brittney?"

"Of course I can."

"Good." He turns to Hyunjin and speaks to him now. "Contact me as soon as you or Seungmin hear any word form the Council."

"No!" Seungmin speaks up. "I'm Felix's best friend. I'm going with you."

Hyunjin jumps in after Seungmin. 

"If he's going then so am I."

Frustration builds on Connor's face. 

"Fine, I don't have time to argue, everybody let's move."

At Connor's words, the heirs once again go their separate ways.

~~