32

The next day, Hyunjin, Felix, and Gracie arrived at the hospital bright and early to greet Connor and Seungmin and have breakfast with them. They only had one day left before they would be discharged. Upon entering their room they were greeted with a wide smile from Connor and a much softer one from Seungmin. 

"So what's on the menu for today? Please tell me you brought food from outside? The hospital food sucks." Connor says with a groan.

Gracie laughs. "We did. French toast for you, I know it's your favorite." 

"And scrambled eggs for you Seungmin." Hyunjin smiles at him. "Do you feel like eating?"

Seungmin quietly nods and cautiously takes the plate of food. Hyunjin sits down next to the boy and begins eating his own breakfast. The relationship between the two had been strained to say the least. Seungmin would go from being intensely clingy to Hyunjin, to trying to avoid speaking to him. It was as if he couldn't allow himself to feel affection again, much less believe he deserved it in return.

Gracie glances at her phone and gasps upon realizing the time. "Shit, I'm supposed to meet my parents to go shopping, I'll have to stop by again later."

Felix and Hyunjin give a knowing smile and wish her well as she leaves. Connor notices their faces.

"What's that look for? What's she going shopping for?"

"I don't know." Felix says calmly

"Neither do I." Hyunjin follows.

"Well... anyway. I'm going to the courtyard for some fresh air."

"Would you mind if I joined you?" Felix asks a bit shyly.

Connor smiles at him. "Not at all."

The two exit the room leaving Seungmin and Hyunjin alone. Seungmin could feel his anxieties rising. He could hardly look at Hyunjin when they weren't alone. He had no idea what to do when it was just the two of them.

Hyunjin looks intently at Seungmin. He'd noticed that Seungmin had been avoiding making eye contact with him.

"How are you feeling?"

Seungmin looks down at his bed. "I'm okay."

"Do you want to talk about what happened."

Seungmin shook his head no. Hyunjin reached his hand out resting it softly on Seungmin's. He could feel Seungmin's entire body tense up.

"Seungmin, can you look at me?"

Seungmin nods his head no again, not wanting to speak. Hyunjin frowns, feeling a sting in his heart. How much suffering did he go through before they found him?

"Seungmin." Hyunjin pauses, the words he wants to say getting caught in his throat. he forces himself to say them. "Do... do I scare you?"

Seungmin makes direct eye contact with the other male for the first time since he entered the room. Hyunjin sees the tears at the corners of his eyes for a split second before he looks away again giving a small nod of yes. Hyunjin feels his heart break, partially because Seungmin was afraid of him, but mostly because he wasn't there when Seungmin needed him most. he could feel his own tears begin to well up.

"Seungmin, I'm not going to hurt you. I'll never hurt you." The tears start to come harder. "As long as it takes for you to open up to me again, I'll be here. I'm never going to leave your side. Anything you need I'll make sure you have it."

Seungmin takes a deep breath and looks over at Hyunjin, seeing him crying makes his own tears begin to return. Hyunjin notices and begins wiping them away.