The Man

Flashback

Blood rushed down Nick's head as he ran from his father, the man who abused him since he was five, he was now 15. Ten years of pure torture. Ten years of abuse from the man he called "father." His father was close behind him, belt in hand, as he panted towards Nick. But Nick wouldn't let his father catch him. He had to escape. Nick made a swift turn into an alleyway as his father struggled to catch up. Nick then made a quick decision, he jumped onto a railing that led to an apartment building. He started to run up as he heard his father's curses. Soon Nick saw a window open and climbed into the mysterious apartment. There, was a man, that would change his life for the worst.

Man: "What the hell are you doing here?"

Nick: "I-I'm sorry I'm t-trying to run away f-from someone."

Nick started to shake with fear.

Man: "Who is it that you're running from?"

Nick swallowed.

Nick: "My father."

The man nodded and grabbed Nick's arm, pulling him into his room, turning off the lights as he did so. Then, a knock came on the apartment door. The man turned to Nick and said,

Man: "Stay here and don't make a sound, I'll be back.

Nick nodded his head and put his hand over his mouth to muffle his whimpers. The walls were thin enough that he could hear what the man and the person who knocked on the door said. The person who knocked on the door was no other than, Nick's father. Tears welled in his eyes as he struggled to stay quiet. His father, Micheal, started to speak in his harsh tone,

Micheal: "Where is my son?!"

Nick was expecting the man to turn Nick in, but he didn't.

Man: "I don't know what you're talking about."

Nick could tell his father was getting angry.

Micheal: "WHERE IS MY SON YOU FUCKER?!?!?!"

Strangely, the man stayed calm and said,

Man: "As I said before, I don't know what you're talking about."

This pushed Micheal even further.

Micheal: "YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE HE IS OR-"

He was suddenly cut off with a loud slam. Nick had no idea what happened but from the sounds of it, the man seemed to push his father against the wall.

Man: "I have a gun in my back pocket and I will not hesitate to kill you right here and right now as I watch you bleed out right before me. So I suggest, you go back home and never come near your son again."

Nick was shocked by the man's words and heard his father walk away, back to his apartment, across town. The man cleared his throat and started to walk where Nick was. Nick was now huddled in a ball in the corner of the room. The man walked into the room and crouched next to Nick.

Man: "He's gone now. You don't need to be afraid."
He reached out to touch Nick's face but Nick turned away and mumbled nervously,

Nick: "Are you going to kill me?"

Tears formed in the corners of his eyes and the man swiftly wiped them as they started to fall and said,

Man: "Of course not, you're too precious to harm, I'm Adrian, what's your name?"

Adrian's voice was somewhat soothing to Nick's ears.

Nick: "I'm Nick."

Adrian stood up, and said,
Adrian: "How about we get to know each other"

With that, he extended his arm for Nick to take and they talked the night away getting to know one another.

Nice guy huh?

Wrong