His Story

There was so much blood everywhere. Halfway through Adrian berating Nick and cutting his body, Adrian had snapped out of his mindset and might I say, he was ashamed of himself.

Adrian: "Oh god...what have I done? No, no, no, no, no, no..."

He kept chanting no as he untied Nick from the chair. Nick was shaking from fear and turning away from Adrian.

Adrian: "Please don't leave me, I have no one. I swear, I will never do that again."

Nick was stuck in a tough place. He had nowhere to go and he loved Adrian.

"Maybe he'll change, maybe it's part of his job, to hurt others. " Nick thought

After Nick decided to stay, Adrian told him the truth. He was the leader of a gang in their town and it was the most dangerous one. Years later, Nick was brought in to be a part of it, where he became ruthless and a criminal, a well known one too. With Adrian's temper, it didn't die down but Nick decided to stay with him. When the virus broke out, they grabbed all the supplies they needed and ran. Soon enough, they saw another survivor, Coach, and the three of them decided to stay together. But that didn't last long, Adrian was stealing all the supplies and being harmful to Nick, so they kicked him out.

Ellis and Nick were settled on an abandoned park bench where the sun was shining. Ellis' mouth was gaped open with his eyes wide as Nick stared at the ground. Ellis started to speak,

Ellis: "Nick, I'm so sorry. I hope that bastard is dead in a ditch somewhere."

Ellis wrapped his arms around Nick carefully and hugged him as Nick cried into his chest.

Nick: "Thank you for listening."