x

As I expected, time flew so fast. It's been a week. It was like yesterday when I had my first tag along case. I still don't know why the Armed Detective Agency still asked me to come and tag along with the cases they solved and on running some errands.

It's my third day at the Agency. Nothing much happened last Sunday except that I was forced to go with Yosano-san to do what girls do, shopping. I can clearly remember how the boys immediately hid when they heard that Yosano-san would need to go to the shopping center.

In just a span of a second, the noise instantly deserted the place. When we arrived at the agency, the sun was about to set already.

I yawned. I haven't even reached the agency but I wanted to take a rest already. These past few days, I haven't been able to get enough sleep. I'll arrive at my apartment from school at five in the afternoon. I'll immediately sleep and will be awakened by the sound of my alarm, thirty minutes before midnight. I'll be awake until 3:30 in the morning then I will take a nap for one hour and thirty minutes. This has been my everyday routine since then.

Fortunately, my hardships paid off because there was no news about the cold-blooded creature attacking once again. But what scares me the most is what may happen next week.

I released a deep sigh and closed my eyes when I'm already standing in front of the agency.

I'm still curious about Ranpo-san. I never had the chance to talk to him. We exchange glances sometimes and I'm wondering why he doesn't look at me suspiciously. I'm pretty sure he already knew my ability or maybe I'm just exaggerating that look he threw at me when he said that?

I don't know anymore.

I sighed once again.

"That's your second sigh within thirty seconds," I slightly jumped from my position when I heard someone talking.

I turned to him. My head tilted in confusion.

Do I know him? Does he know me? Why is he talking to me?

A sly smile curved at his lips.

"You're probably wondering if I know you and why am I talking to you," he said and I was surprised. Did he read my mind? "Your expression says it all."

Is this a gifted one?

"Er... Are you a client?" I drifted to the topic.

He looked at me for a few seconds then scanned my whole body. Okay, this guy is weird.

"You're (F/N) (L/N), right?" Once again, I was surprised. He really does know me. "No, I'm not a client. I work here."

He works here? But I didn't saw him last weekend. Maybe he's new?

"Haruno-chan's sister has been talking about you and she's been scolding me for not showing up at the party last week. I heard she's your best friend," while he was talking, that was my time to familiarize his face.

Narrow dark brown eyes and mildly wavy, dark brown hair. His bangs frame his face while some are gathered at the center of his forehead.

My eyes subconsciously scanned his attire. He was wearing a long sand-colored trench coat, my eyebrows twitched when I saw his belt that was untied.

I'm totally not familiar with him. A hundred percent sure.

"And here I thought you already knew me. I guess Haruno-chan's sister is really a hardcore Atsushi fangirl." I felt guilty when he said that because of the sad smile on his face. I can't really remember him.

Ah!

"Tell me if I'm wrong but are you Dazai-san? I hope I remembered it correctly," I said.

His eyes immediately sparked upon mentioning his name. Oh, I'm right?

"My lady~" he said. He immediately held my hands and put them in front of my chest. I took a step back when his face came closer to mine. "I knew it! I knew you were the angel that heaven sent for me. I didn't expect we'd met in this kind of way."

I just stared at him. What's with this guy?

"Will you commit a double suicide with me?" Right after he said that, the door opened and Kunikida appeared. Kunikida looked at me and then on Dazai, then back at me then went to Dazai again.

Kunikida closed the book he was reading, which I've learned is his book of ideals. I flinched when the book hit Dazai's head then he pulled Dazai inside.

"I apologize, (L/N). He's always like that," he said.

"Yeah, I see. He's been forgiven. I've been warned about him already," I answered and he nodded.

I also made my way towards the agency. There were only four of us here. Probably, some went to their designated task and some were at the diner below. I took the vacant seat next to Atsushi. I was about to interrupt him but I realized his eyes were glued on the book he's holding.

"Morning," he said, it seemed like he felt my presence.

"Good morning, too! What are you reading?" I tried to peek at the title cover but he immediately covered it. Along with the book, he took the pile of papers in front of him and approached Dazai-san who was still looking at me with his sparkling eyes.

"Dazai-san," Atsushi called out his name but Dazai was still looking at me. Atsushi called him once again but he remained on eyeing me.

"Dazai!" Kunikida appeared once again and hit Dazai-san with his book of ideals. Poor Dazai.

He snapped out from looking at me and turned at Atsushi.

"The police finally turned over the case of the cold-blooded creature to the agency," said Kunikida.

"What will we do now?" asked Atsushi. They were all serious and I could feel my body tremble as they talked about me.

Silence engulfed the place. No one talked. They were in deep thought while I'm thinking of many possibilities for what may happen in the future. Tension emerged from nowhere but it immediately vanished when someone barged in.