xxi

I just stood in my place for a while, thinking about what I should do. We don't really have a choice but to fight, I guess? But how can we fight against this mass of Reds?

There's not much time left. I need to act already or they'll devour them.

I sneaked inside. The crowd were so occupied on what's happening on the arena's stage that they didn't notice me.

I went closer to the ear of one of them.

"Ability: Lux in Tenebris Lucet," I whispered and touched his shoulder.

When he turned at me, I smirked. He tried to scratch me but I easily dodged it. My ability, Lux in Tenebris Lucet, seals their ability. It's like nullifying it but I have a control on it until when I can seal it but it has a disadvantage, of course.

"(Y/N) is here!" he shouted, gathering the attention of the other Reds. I snapped my fingers and light particles appeared from the ceiling.

"I know you are here." I turned to Belloc. I jumped from where I am.

"(Y/N)!" I rushed on Atsushi and the guy from the Port Mafia. "I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't apologize," I said.

"When you use your ability in a large crowd, you don't have the control to nullify it until whenever you want, right? The more people affected by your ability, the shorter the time you have nullified them," said Belloc.

"We have to get out of here already before they gain their abilities back. I don't have any idea how long will my ability affect them," I said as I helped on carrying the injured mafia member, not paying any attention to Belloc.

"And we knew that you will use your ability on us, that's why, we prepared ourselves," when Belloc said that, several Reds immediately appeared before our eyes. They have weapons in them.

"You two should proceed already. I'll divert them," I said.

"But--" Atsushi was cut off when a large boulder was thrown in front of us. We looked up where it came from. A smile formed on my lips when I saw the Armed Detective Agency and it's not only them, there are other gifted people that were on their back.

I was surprised when I saw our former adviser among them. Then I remembered what Dazai-san told us. The Mafia has been investigating me. They must have sent Kouyou-sama to observe me.

They started to move towards us and take down those who were in their ways.

"Seems like we're ahead of schedule. Right, Kunikida-kun?" said Dazai.

"You, moron!" Kunikida shouted back.

"Akutagawa-senpai!" The blonde lady from earlier tried to help Atsushi on carrying the injured Mafia member but he slapped her hands away and pushed Atsushi away from him.

"Shut up. I don't need help from any of you," he said. "I can still stand on my own."

He thinks that we'll believe him? He's bleeding everywhere and he's already coughing some blood!

"(Y/N)," it was Dazai who called me. "This is your chance to end it. Wouldn't it be the best if you'll end this right here?"

"End it, huh? You know the only way you can end this war, right? Can you do that?" My gaze shifted to Belloc. I was silent for a while.

The only way I can end this is to win this fight. To win this fight, I need to... But can I really do that?

"I know you can do it," said Atsushi. I don't think he has an idea on what's the only way to end this but he truly believes in me, as well as the others.

"Ability: Demon Inside," I said and surged towards the chair where the current leader of the Reds sat.

I felt an overwhelming power that was flowing throughout my veins. This was the first time again, after so many years. The last time I had this kind of power, was the time that I cursed this ability and it felt so heavy and dark. But now, it felt so light.

I took out the ring from my pocket and threw it in the air. When it came back on my arms, it already transformed into a sword.

I slashed the sword into the invisible barrier that protects the leader of the tribe from enemies. When it shattered, my hands swiftly moved, aiming at the neck of Hilaire, Belloc's younger brother but he managed to block it through the spear beside him.

I hopped away from him when I felt that he would activate his ability. I looked around to check what's happening. Everyone was fighting. Atsushi and Akutagawa were against Belloc.

"Keep your eyes on me!" Hilaire shouted.

I touched my stomach as I felt something piercing it. There was warm sticky liquid flowing from it. Before I could even move, Hilaire already appeared in front of me and slashed me multiple times.

I could hear someone calling out my name as my body slowly touched the ground. I stared at the ceiling.

I failed, from the beginning. Ever since I went here, I already knew I couldn't stop them. I can't kill again.

The only way to win the war is to get the head of the tribe's leader.

"Why are you holding back now? You didn't hesitate when you killed my Mother and your friend," said Hilaire. I stared at him. "Tell me... You really didn't use your ability, right?"

When I used Lux in Tenebris Lucet earlier, it wasn't just the Reds who were affected by it. It also disabled my other ability, Demon Inside.

I raised my arms. One snap of my fingers and I'll have my ability back. I looked around to see if it would also put us at a disadvantage.

No. I don't need Demon Inside to defeat Hilaire. I got up and held my sword once again. I wiped the blood on my face and eyed my opponent with a determination of defeating him.