Totally Nothing

"You may go," the man said, nodding to the woman.

  He was a quiet man, with dark skin and unusual yellow eyes that seemed to glow. They landed on Steve, then flicked to Natasha. "I am Heimdall, the gatekeeper. I see that you are not from here."

  Natasha felt goosebumps rise on her skin as a chill rippled through her. "How do you know that?"

  "I see and hear everything that happens in the Nine Realms." Heimdall clasped his hands behind his back. "And I see that you are from Midgard. How did you get here in the first place?"

  "We..." Steve glanced uneasily at Natasha, as though asking for permission, but Natasha shook her head.

  "No other being could enter Asgard without summoning the Bifrost." Heimdall's gaze raked over Natasha, and they wandered about her face until they locked onto her eyes, where his gaze stayed. "You are not from this world, aren't you?"

  "Well, not in those words," Natasha said carefully. She lifted her chin. "Listen, we need to get back to where we came from. Our friend made a mistake, and we are sent here. We need to get back to Earth. We won't do any harm to the realms you've spoken of."

  "We just want to go home," Steve added.

  Heimdall gazed at them for a while longer as both the assassin and the soldier held their breath. He went to the middle of the observatory, where a hilt of a sword jutted out from some kind of polished golden stone, and turned it with a clicking sound. Immediately, light blasted itself through the entrance of the observatory and sucked Natasha and Steve into it.

  "Good luck," the Gatekeeper said.