3•THE RAGING STORM

I don't think I can explain what it means to me when i hold the brush dipped into vibrant blue, or what it means when the cloudy grey drips down the canvas. I have paint on my hands, my clothes and even on my face. But i know 'a raging storm' is worth it. Something..no everything reminds me of those eyes I can't seem to get out of my head. Those damn raging eyes. Last night, i saw those eyes which held pain, and as much as i hate to say this, they melted me a little. But i'm scared. Of letting myself fall again. The situations are very different, but the heartbreak is always the same. His eyes were like ocean beds, the ones we are so fascinated by, but also the same ones which scares us. To know what will happen when the ocean is maddened.

Last night, after Alaric left, i went straight back to my room. To all those who never knew, i wear spectacles because lenses are just not my thing. And as weird as it sounds, i feel vulnerable without my glasses. So I make sure to keep them on most of the time. I untied my hair and let them fall onto my back, they reached till my waist. I removed my glasses and stood against the railing of my balcony. It was drizzling. I smiled a little when the wind touched my face and rain dripped through my eyelids. And that's when I saw it. I saw Alaric beating someone up in the front of his house. That was a sight, i never want to see in my life again. It's like the dark had consumed him. The person started begging him, but he didn't stop once. The guy was unconscious but Alaric didn't stop. He looked like he had been hurt. I knew he did things which weren't exactly nice but this side was new to me. I didn't realise when he had looked up and saw me staring at him again. He gave me a look which screamed 'cold'. He looked at me with rage prominent in his eyes but I saw the pain as well. It scared me a little. So I went back inside afraid to see what would happen next.

With one last look at my painting, which was of a raging storm in the ocean , I had to put the canvas in the corner to let it dry.

After washing all the paint on my body, i checked my emails , if in case i had gotten admission into any colleges I applied for. I expect to get selected in at least one of the esteemed colleges . After all getting straight A's and a few scholarships should do some help. As i opened my email , I noticed an acception mail on the very top of my Inbox. Holy shit! I wasn't expecting getting into this college at all. OMG I'M FREAKIN OUTTT! I GOT SELECTED INTO UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH!!!

University of Edinburgh is one of the best universities in Scotland. They had all the subJects i wanted to opt for such as Arts and humanities. The are a variety of options like Art performing and designs, language and literature, philosophy , archaeology, etc. The only problem is that i would have to leave grandma and the thought alone scares me.

I went downstairs to give her the 'news' and saw her sitting on the couch.

"Hey grandma. I wanted to tell you something "

"What is it Autumn? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I -I got accepted into University of Edinburgh"

"That is so great hun!! What happened? Why don't you look happy?"

"I am happy gran but the university is in Scotland. And I don't want to leave you"

" Aw you sweet little thing, you can't stay with me forever . You need to learn new things and live on your own. I know it will get hard for you, and so for me but don't worry. We will get used to it. That is how it works"

"Are you sure? I won't go if you don't want me to..."

"Oh shut up! Enough of that bullshit . I want you to go. I have the money your parents saved up for you. They gave it to me when you came here."

"They did?"

"Yes. Now when are you leaving?"

" They said I can join by Monday. So I'll have to leave tomorrow as it's a 10 hour flight and I would have to settle my things. Apparently I'll be sharing a dorm."

" Oh. You grew up so fast Autumn" grandma said with tears in her eyes and a few escaped from mine.

" Promise me that you will call me everyday. And if something happens or if you need me, I'll be here within the next 10 hours"

I hugged her like my life depended on it.

" I see you already have friends in that university"

I froze at that. What did she mean by this?

"What?"

" Alaric studies in the same university. Mrs Stone told me this the other day when she came home to meet me"

Wow. Why the hell didn't I knew this?! This freak . Ughhhh. Well, if I had to remain optimistic then it looks like I'll be taking my revenge sooner than expected. This is gonna be fun.

Hii. I researched a little about the university and I made up the rest of the things. I'm sorry if this chapter was boring but I promise the coming chapters will be alot more fun. Thankyou so much reading this book. Also I was thinking about changing the cover of the book so please suggest if you have anything in mind. Don't be shy to vote and comment if you like the chapter! :)♡

 Don't be shy to vote and comment if you like the chapter! :)♡