𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸

"Oh, hello Sawamura-San."
"Shimizu, nice to see you."
Kiyoko had stepped out of her dorm to find Daichi standing by the door.
"Are you waiting for her?" She asked, clicking the door shut.
"Yeah. She stayed over with me last night so she asked to change for the day."
"Y/N stayed with you? I was wondering where she went."
"She said she was feeling lonely. I assume you weren't here last night then?"
Kiyoko nodded her head and leaned against the wall with Daichi while he waited for Y/N to come back out.
"I was here last night."

Daichi looked over at Y/N's roommate, who's emotions were always hard to read.
"I don't know why she didn't wake me. She must've felt safe with you."
Daichi kept his face forward, avoiding Kiyoko's smile.
"Thanks for taking care of her Sawamura-San."
Kiyoko stepped off the wall and passed by him. She ended up stopping herself and turned around to see Daichi messing with his fingers, face down to the ground.

"Sawamura-San?"
"Y-Yeah?!"
Daichi quickly looked at her, his ears a little pink.
"Don't tell her I said so, but I much prefer your presence in comparison to Daishou."
"What?"
"Have a good day Sawamura-San."
"Wait, Shimizu!"

Y/N opened the door as Kiyoko continued to walk down the hallway.
"Daichi-Kun I have an idea!"
Daichi smiled shakily, following her downstairs.
"What's your idea?"
"I can buy you breakfast! It's a way to-"
"Nope."
She stood at the bottom of the steps, her mouth agape.
"What?! Why not?"
"I already said the next time I'd do something for you."

She followed him as he continued outside to the picnic area.
"Daichi! Please let me-"
"Nope."
"Daichi-Kun!"
"Nope."
The two sat down at the picnic bench containing their friends.
"Please can I-"
"Nope!"
Sugawara looked to the new arrivals, almost laughing at their argument.
"What does she want?" Sugawara chuckled.
"I want to apologize and thank him! He won't let me!"
"You already do it too much. If anyone should apologize it's my dumbass of a roommate."
"Tetsu didn't mean to sit on me!"

Sugawara laughed again.
"Hold on, why does she need to thank you?"
"Why did Kuroo sit on her?" Asahi, clad in his stylish clothing and thin-framed glasses asked.
"I slept at his dorm last night and Kuroo didn't notice I was there."
"Why did you sleep at his dorm?"
"Because I was lonely!"

Daichi grabbed her hand, making her eyes go to him.
"Don't thank me or apologize. It was just a friendly gesture."
Suga did a suggestive eyebrow raise to Asahi while the two beside them held hands.
Asahi tried to secretly shake his head. Now is not the time for jokes.

"At least it's finally the afternoon and I can eat," Daichi stood up. "I was starving last night because Kuroo finished off all the thin mints.
"Ooh! Are those like York peppermint patties?!"
"No, they're like thin mints."
Y/N stood up, her hands slamming onto the table. Her face grinned wide.
"Can we get some York's, please! I love them!"
"Why now?" Suga chuckled, turning the page of his textbook, "Don't you wanna study for a bit?"
"Uh, no?"

Y/N skipped over to Daichi and grabbed onto his arm.
"Let's go get some candy! We can buy you and Tetsu both thin mints!"
While Suga was resting his entire face in the open textbook, Asahi winked and scooted his hands as if to tell Daichi to go.
"Ok, sure."

Sugawara raised up his arms and his pouty face as the two walked away.
Daichi turned his head to shrug but then was swung away by the girl still clung to his arm.
"The convenience store is next to the Nekoma Cat Cafe! Tōru said he wanted to work there but got a better deal by working on campus."
"I've forgotten you know Oikawa. Sometimes I feel he's something I've made up in my head."
"What's that mean?" Y/N giggled, still leading him down the sidewalk.
"In my History classes all he does is talk his head off, but he makes the class so much more enjoyable because the professor is really bad."
"The history professor speaks very quietly doesn't he?"
"Too quiet."

When they got to the store, Y/N opened the door, letting the ringing of the bell announce her entrance.
She was quick to move to the candy aisle, while Daichi followed her.
The inside of the building was rather grey, compared to its brightly colored walls outside.
Inside there were signs with broken neon letters and the cooler doors were lined with bright blue led's.

Y/N handed off the York's to Daichi while she bent down in search of thin mints.
Daichi looked down at her, her light wash jeans matching with her pale yellow button up.
It was the pale yellow of an I toasted croissant, or that of a golden retriever puppy.

He bent down with her, looking now at the finer details of her shirt. There was sewn in white flowers, tiny little petals with bits of mistakes on some of them.
It was obvious she had done it herself.
Daichi held his hand out but realized quickly that he shouldn't be touching her this closely.

Her face turned to him, so his hand darted to her back where it rested. The soft fabric of her shirt rubbed on his fingers and the sweet vanilla smell of her hair made its way to his face.
"Daichi-Kun, do you want regular mint or extra spearmint?"
"I-I uh don't really-it doesn't matter."
"The spearmint costs an extra yen, but spearmint to me is sweeter, no?"
"You think so?"
"Sweet things are always worth the extra yen."
He adored her innocent gaze upon him. He thought her skin was soft-looking and gorgeous. He wanted to reach out to her.
"Then let's get the spearmint."

Daichi watched her skip down the sidewalk in front of them. He stuffed the receipt in his pocket, the thin paper crunched as it crumbled together at his grip.
"Y/N hey! Wait up!"
She handed him his sweets while she tied up the bag containing hers.
"Thanks, Daichi-Kun. I was really in the mood for those."

Daichi texted his roommate while
Y/N walked ahead of him.
Kuroo wouldn't stop sending him suggestive emojis, so he put his phone away and caught up with the girl in front of him.
They walked around through the back sidewalks, where a couple of girls from Y/N's dorm were out playing with a volleyball.
Y/N waved to one of them, calling her name.
Daichi had always liked the approachable-ness of her. Daichi was never a nervous person around groups of people, but somehow he always found himself weak at the knees whenever she decided to talk to him.

When they stopped at the large metal door of her dorm building, Y/N kicked her shoe at the ground while looking down at it.
"So, Daichi-Kun, I wanted to know if I could ask you a favor?"
"A favor?"
She bit her lip but when she smiled, it tore it away from her teeth.
"Do you think you can call me tonight? Kiyoko says she has a study group tonight and my room at night feels a bit scary now."
"Am I your mother now?"

Y/N immediately looked up at him, her smile dropping and her stomach twisted in knots. She felt prickling nerves run up her arms, making her hold onto her wrists securely.
At her reaction, Daichi held out his hands.
"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to sound so disingenuous!"
Her eyes looked to the side and her hand gripped harder onto the plastic bag.
"I can call you! No problem! I'd love to in fact! Y/N, please look at me."

She did and gave a side smile, making his shoulders relax.
"I'm sorry. That was really insincere of me. If you don't like being alone in your room, Kuroo and I have no problem having you over."
She fully smiled now, yet her eyes didn't follow. Her body language didn't even match her smile. It made him feel horrible.
"Thank you, Daichi-Kun."

Daichi stepped forward and hugged her. His arms held onto her as he rested his head in her shoulder. "I saw a beautiful golden retriever on our way back. It was across the street, on a stroll with its owner."
His soft voice was beside her ear. Her hands held onto his back as she listened.
"It's fur was really bright in the sun and seemed warm at the touch. It moved so gracefully. Its face was soft-looking and gorgeous. I just wanted to reach out and touch it."
"That sounds lovely," she whispered.
"It was."
He decided he should pull away from her first and his hands came to rest on her arms.

"Kuroo said he was making lunch in Bokuto's dorm so I should be heading over there."
"So you have no problem with me coming over tonight?"
"Not at all. Just be careful when you walk alone. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen."
"I'll be careful. Thank you Daichi-Kun."
She bowed her head to him and slipped out of his arms, giving a final small wave before turning to enter her building.
She pulled out her phone as she opened the door and headed inside.

Daichi let out a deep sigh, shaking his head as he turned around.
"Idiot."

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

(𝟓) 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋
𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍
𝟐:𝟏𝟐 𝐏𝐌