𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

My disclaimer has been updated because of this chapter. If you think you might be sensitive to emotional manipulation, I recommend proceeding with caution.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Y/N had been rather quiet when the morning came, which was noticeably different from her usual attitude at sunrise.
Kiyoko had watched her get ready and brush her hair slowly in the mirror before wrapping it up with a bandanna.

"Y/N, how was the wedding?" She asked, coming up behind the girl and resting her chin upon her shoulder.
"It was nice."
"You took Sawamura-San with you?"
"Yep. We had a nice time."
Kiyoko stood away as Y/N turned around.
The two stared at each other for a moment before Y/N quickly pulled her friend in for a hug.

"Thanks for putting up with me," Y/N sighed, "I know that sometimes I talk to much and sometimes I'm too loud and sometimes-"
"I think you're pretty great the way you are, Y/N."
"Awe, Shimi-Chan!" Y/N exclaimed, twisting the two back and forth during their hug. "I think you're pretty great too!"

Looking at Y/N's bright smile, Kiyoko adjusted the white bandana, making sure it was properly tied up.
"Does Daishou-San know you're back?" She asked.
"Nope! I told him I'd be out another day! I'm gonna surprise him tonight!"
"Surprise him?"
"Yeah! Won't that be cute?"
Y/N squeezed Kiyoko's hands.
"Looks like I'm the one sleeping over at their boyfriend's! The tables have turned, Shimi-Chan!"
Nodding Kiyoko walked over to her dresser, "I guess they have."

Kiyoko had been the main witness of watching Daichi escape the dorm room the night before, after Y/N had fallen asleep.
He hadn't noticed her for the full minute it took him to close the door without noise.

"I've got to get to class, so I'll be on my way, Shimi-Chan!"
"Have a good day."
"I will!"
Y/N had gone through the day rather well, other than the occasional class with Oikawa where silence had now become the norm for them. Ushijima, the saint, had been the one the give her a pencil, as she was too nervous to ask the one who always gave them away before.

During the last few minutes of her final class, Y/N took quick glances over at Oikawa, remember the words Daichi had spoken to her last night.
She wouldn't let him walk away, not without some sort of explanation.
After being dismissed, Oikawa stood straight up and headed out the door, so Y/N scrambled to put her stuff away and run after him.

"Tōru-Kun!" She called, making his shoulders stiffen at the voice he hadn't heard in awhile.
"Please wait!"
His feet were planted on the sidewalk, dimly lit by the posts since the sun had already descended.
His back faced her, like the wall of a fortress.
"Tōru-Kun, can you please stop ignoring me?"
Squeezing tightly the strap on his bag, he looked down at his teal sweater, a white polo underneath.
"What do you want?" He asked, slowly turning his head around.

She saw the glimmer of yellow light in his dark eyes, making them look like honey. His lips were downturned and controlled themselves from saying all that which was on their mind.
"I don't want to fight with you," Y/N pleaded, "I hate this. I hate what's happened."
She watched the corner of his brow crease and the strap around his shoulder pulled closer against his clothes.
"I'm sorry for what I said," Y/N took a step towards him. She shook her head, "What I said was wrong and fueled by anger. I know that you're just looking out for me."

Oikawa turned around, his full face revealed and glimmered with the lights.
"Those insults I used," Oikawa gently spoke, "I didn't mean those either." He rubbed the nape of his neck, "it was childish of me."
She walked towards him, the both of them now basking in the open ray of light protecting them from the shadows.
"Tōru-"
"But-Y/N," he sighed, "everything I said about Daishou, I meant it."
Her heart dropped and his eyes hid themselves away, not wanting to see the pain in hers.
"I meant what I said about him and I don't take it back."