𝑇𝑊𝐸𝐿𝑉𝐸

"The hell?"
Kuroo had almost tripped over Y/N after exiting the dorm building. Her cries were the only thing filling the silence of the night.
"Y/N? What are you doing?"
She covered her face and wept more, making Kuroo sit down beside her.
"Why are you crying?"
"I'm-I-Im so mean," she mumbled, her sniffling making it hard to understand what she was saying.
"Why do you say that?"
"I yelled-I yelled at Tōru. He didn't deserve that."
Kuroo checked his watch, noticing he'd only be a few minutes late to his class. His teacher never showed up on time anyway.

He ran his hand through her hair and held her close, trying to calm her down.
"Tōru hates me! I know he does! I'm terrible!" She was choking on her own words.
"No you aren't," Kuroo laughed, "you're great. You just got upset. It happens."
"I was so mean, Tetsu! It was horrible."
He lifted up her face, wiping away her tears.
"Why did you yell at him?"
"He said Suguru and I are weird. He says he's bad for me cause he doesn't talk with me about serious issues."
"Well, he's not wrong."
"Tetsurou!"

She pushed at his chest, standing up on her own. He stood up as well, trying to reconcile with a hug.
"I love Suguru. Why doesn't Tōru support me? That's all I want."
"I don't know. I don't like Daishou. He sucks ass. That's not because of his abilities as a boyfriend though."
"Why does Tōru not like him then? Why would he say that stuff?"
"Oikawa loves you, Y/N. He wants what is best for you and he probably thinks you could do better. I think you could do better."
"Stop it!"

She pushed herself out of his arms again, stepping away with a sigh.
"You aren't being helpful, Tetsurou. You aren't being helpful at all."
He rubbed his neck, knowing that he was never good at saying the correct thing in situations like this.
"Sorry. Listen, you should probably just hear Oikawa out. He probably didn't mean it the way you heard."
"He said I'm Suguru's trophy."
"Ouch."

Kuroo knew he was threading a needle. He was bad at shutting his mouth, but he knew if he said the wrong thing, he'd probably make her start crying again.
Kuroo walked over to her again, her body shaking, and took hold of her hands, his large ones fitting awkwardly into hers.
"Y/N, I know Oikawa means well. You both just need to talk it out. I'm very glad you and Daishou are doing well, even if I don't like him."
She chuckled, making him let out a sigh of relief.
"That is if Tōru will talk to me again. I'm such a bad person, Tetsurou. I'm so nasty with my words. Why would they ever respond to me again?"
Raising up his hands to her face, he leaned down, making his voice soft.
"That...was not your fault. You need to stop blaming yourself."
Resting his forehead on hers, in a rather uncomfortable position, she closed her eyes as she tried not to cry again.

"Let's get you to Daichi," Kuroo took his hands off her face, swiftly picking her up like a child.
"This is like holding a pack of grapes."
"Shut up," she mumbled, gently wrapping her arms on his neck.
Kuroo carried her all the way up the stairs to his room where Daichi opened the door to a very weird welcoming.
"Merry Christmas," Kuroo smiled, walking in and dropping Y/N on Daichi's bed. He patted Daichi's flushed cheek, leaning down to his ear.
"I don't want any noise complaints, Sawamura."

Daichi sat beside Y/N after his roommate's annoying exit. She leaned against his shoulder, her tiredness showing in her slow movements.
"I thought you were staying with Daishou tonight," Daichi spoke quietly. "What happened with that?"
"I couldn't sleep."
"Do you want tea again?"
"No, this is fine." She wrapped her hands around his arm, closing her eyes as she waited for more of his voice to fill the room.

"I don't deserve all these friends I have. I don't deserve Suguru."
He looked down at her as her hands tightened.
"Why do you say that?"
"I'm self-absorbed and ignorant."
He lifted her up, smiling at her face, wondering if she was joking.
"Are you kidding? You aren't any of those things."
"I am. I don't think about other people's feelings. I'm such a screwup. I messed up so bad that I can't even sleep anymore."
He lifted up his hands running them down to her face. Seeing her drained eyes, begging for a night of sleep. She looked exhausted.
"In Highschool, I fawned so much over Suguru. He was so cool and sweet to me. My mother thought he-well—she liked him I guess."

Y/N went back to leaning against Daichi, his arm wrapped around her. She looked across the room at the mess Kuroo left behind. His books scattered across the floor, a small animal crossing figure on his headboard.
"They brought him in like he was family. We talked like family. He shared his knowledge about snakes with my mother and she loved it. I remember when she drew him a watercolor of one of those tiny backyard snakes. He loved it."
Y/N laughed as she rested her head in Daichi's sleeve.
"I always believed I was lucky to get him. But, she believed the opposite.
I just didn't understand."

"I messed up badly."
Daichi leaned forward, planting a kiss upon her forehead.
"Y/N, why do you say that? You haven't messed anything up."
"I lose my temper too quickly."
Laughing, Daichi pulled Y/N towards him, hugging her closely against his chest.
"Y/N! What are you talking about! I lose my temper all the fucking time!"
Holding her chin gingerly to look at his face, he lied another kiss upon her skin.
"You aren't a bad person for getting angry."

"You are so kind and forgiving. You are friendly to everyone and always look at the positive side of things. Why do you think you're ignorant?"
She held onto his shoulders to lift herself up in his lap.
Face to face, she searched his eyes.
"Tōru and I had a fight outside. He said I'm Suguru's trophy, Daichi. Am I? Does he love me? Has he been fooling me all these years?"
Daichi didn't exactly know what to say. Tōru was the first to confront her about it. What could he say?
He didn't want her to get the wrong idea. He didn't want to see her cry anymore.
"Of course Daishou likes you."
Their foreheads met each other, her eyes meeting his hazel ones.
"I don't see why he wouldn't."
She hugged him, making them both fall back. Lying upon his chest, the air of the room lifted its weight off of her. The sweet scent of his shirt calmed her heart and Y/N found herself asleep.

"I don't deserve Suguru," Daichi repeated her words quietly while running his fingers through her hair.
"Daishou doesn't deserve you, Y/N."

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Stepping up to the counter at Seijoh Café, Y/N gave a small smile at the sight of Tōru.
"What will it be?" He asked, his voice still scratchy and low pitched.
"A green tea. Hot, please."
"Name?"
Her throat dry and her chest tight, Y/N looked into Tōru's dark brown eyes, trying hard to make sure her own didn't start tearing up.
"L/N."
She placed the money on the counter and moved over to the pickup where once her drink was finished, Tōru stepped up.

"Tōru-Kun, can I talk to you?"
He placed a honey packet on top of her drink and slid it forward.
"L/N?"
She hadn't heard him say her family name since they met. And he only called her that once before settling with a nickname.
Y/N opened the top of the drink, her face flushed as she felt her hands shake. Tearing open the honey packet, Y/N started to put in her three drops.
"Excuse me?"
Looking up, Tōru had his arms crossed.
"You're blocking the pickup station, Miss."
She nodded, grabbing her stuff and walking over to a seat.

Her tears fell onto the table as soon as she took a seat, the cold hitting her face.
She knew he hated her.

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

(𝟏𝟐) 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋
𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍
𝟗:𝟐𝟒 𝐀𝐌

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

Sorry for getting a little sad :(
But I'm back from my break and will update this again soon to hopefully bring back a little bit of happy.
:)