𝐈. "𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜."

THE SOOTHING IRISH TUNE that Juliana Bennet hummed, calmed her

THE SOOTHING IRISH TUNE that Juliana Bennet hummed, calmed her. It also seemed to relax the two lance corporals who laid on the ground in front of her. For they had their eyes closed and laid perfectly still. She sat up with her back against a tree. Lance Corporal Schofield was doing the same, while the other, Blake, laid flat on the ground. All three knew of each other names, and nothing else.

Juliana's mother was a strong Irish woman. The young lady of twenty resembled her mother very closely, in looks, and personality. Both were strong willed, fierce, and at the same time, caring.

Juliana felt herself drifting off, and closed her eyes. They weren't that way for long, for a particular statement caught her attention.

-"Pick a man, a medic, and bring your kit."

Medic....

She watches as Blake stands, he stretch's a bit before offering a hand to Schofield, whose eyes are closed. He opens them, and looks around, he sees Juliana sitting across from him, his eye then shift over to Blake's hand. He slowly grabs it, and is helped up to his feet.

Blake then turns too Juliana. She looks up at him, with curiosity dancing in her eyes.

-"He said bring a medic,"

Juliana looks down at her outfit. She was wearing a blue dress also known as her "uniform", and on her head was a long, white veil like piece.

-"I suppose that'd be me then," Juliana spoke with a sigh before taking Blake's outstretched hand.

Now that all three were standing, they made their way into the trenches. Juliana kept her distance, not too far back, but far enough. On her right shoulder laid her medical bag. She wasn't sure why she was needed, but then again, nor did the other two.

"I'm bloody starving!" Juliana hears Blake announce to Schofield. She couldn't hear the rest, for it was hard for her to keep up with their long strides.

She heard Schofield laugh, and then she saw him reach into his pockets. He pulls out  something that looks like food, and Juliana's mouth waters. It's been awhile since she's had a bite to eat.

-"What have you got there?" She asks, jogging lightly to keep up. She was now walking next to Blake.

-"Ham and bread." Was the reply. Schofield looked up, the one thing that caught his attention, were Juliana's stunning blue eyes.

Blake and Julian were too busy to pay attention to what he was doing. They were chuckling about that fact that Scho even had food in the first place.

-"Where'd you find that?!" Blake asks, a bit shocked, amusement lancing in his tone.

-"I have my uses." Scho answers with a small smile. He then proceeds to rip the bread into three pieces. He hands one to Blake, then one to Juliana. The young lady nods in appreciation before looking around. They were now approaching the trenches, and the world seemed to grow smaller as they descended into the earth.