𝐕𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐦

THE BEAUTY OF THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS amazed Juliana when she first laid eyes on them

THE BEAUTY OF THE CHERRY BLOSSOMS amazed Juliana when she first laid eyes on them. Her emotions were displayed on her face, and she gasped slightly. Will turned to her, she was standing behind Blake as they had walked up together. Her happy expression made him soft, and he couldn't help but smile. As they walk through the mini heaven, Blake eyes the fallen petals with fondness. This warms Juliana's heart, as she enjoyed seeing anyone happy.

Will was to her left, and Blake to her right. They all admire the beauty around them, and the blossoms made the air cleaner and smell sweet.

While looking about, Will found a small piece of branch, full of blossoms, that had broken off. He picks it up quickly and debates on how he should give it to Juliana.

He decides to just go for it. The man takes a deep breath before proceeding with operation "give the pretty piece of nature to Jules without it being awkward".

-"Jules?"

-"Yes?"

-"For you," he hands it to her, a bit awkwardly and quickly. Juliana grins, and thanks him warmly by squeezing his shoulder. He smiles a closed mouth smile and feels like he's on top of the world.

Tom, once again, was smiling the widest. He thought it was nice that the two were growing close, and he was all for it.

-"Cherries." He says, a little absent minded. His hand brushes against the dainty blossoms, as fond memories enter his brain. He picks a blossom off of the tree, and smiles at it softly.

"Lamberts. They might be Dukes, hard to tell
when they aren't in fruit."

-"What's the difference?" Will asks, trying to make it up to Blake for all those times he snapped at him.

Blake gulps. He shifts his eyes to see an eager nod from Juliana. This helps him regain some confidence, and speak as if nothing had happened before.

-"Well people think there's one type, but there's lots of them - Cuthberts, Queen Annes, Montmorencys. Sweet ones, sour ones..."

-"Why on earth would you know this?" Schofield asks, curios why someone like Blake would know so much about cherries.

-"Mum's got an orchard, back home. Only a few trees. This time of year it looks like it's been snowing, blossom everywhere. And then in May, we have to pick them. Me and Joe. Takes the whole day."

A pang of homesickness overcomes Blake as they continue to walk. Juliana's lower lip sticks out as she watches him blink his eyes a couple times. Once they're past the trees, they walk along side each other.

Whilst doing this, Schofield takes time to register what Blake had said. He could tell by his tone that he was homesick. It would be a lie if he said he want either.

-"So, these ones all gonners?" He asks, his head jerking back slightly in the direction of the orchard.

-"Oh no, they'll grow again when the stones rot. You'll end up with more trees than before."
Blake answers happily, almost as if he was looking forward to being back home to pick cherries next month.