𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

MY life is utterly ridiculous. You can't make this shit up. It's like a bad episode of Three's Company where Mr. Roper crashes Janet's hot date.

I didn't say much on the drive to Frosty Freeze, and I think Kyle knows I'm disturbed by the presence of the third wheel sitting across from us at the picnic table.

When he asked if he could come, I could tell Kyle didn't know what to say. I immediately said "yes, I mind" but Kyle, being the nice guy he is, just couldn't turn him down, especially when he'd already rounded the table and had his keys in his hand.

He didn't ask Rosalie to join him and she didn't volunteer to come along on this weird threesome either. She just sat there, arms crossed and nose red.

I lick my chocolate cone and listen to them talk some more about the film. Now that they've got details nailed down, they seem really excited, and I think that's partly why Kyle hasn't politely told Harry to make like an egg and scramble. Even though I'm kind of ticked he invited himself along, I haven't complained. Mostly because I'm a lady, but also because it is pretty interesting listening to them talk about the ins and outs of how they're going to do it. And if I'm being really honest with myself, I would listen to Harry recite the Tasty Dog menu all day long.

Kyle gets up to use the men's room and it's just me and Harry eating ice cream. I watch his tongue swipe his rocky road and even though he's awful, I want to lick the chocolate on the side of his chin.

He shuffles his feet and clears his throat as he balls up a napkin. "I'm sorry, I, uh… crashed your date." His eyes are puppy dog wary as he waits for me to say something.

I want to say so many things.

I want to ask him why he left Rosalie at the dinner table, and why he didn't just leave if he didn't want to be there anymore instead of crashing my date? I want to ask him why he's still with Rosalie in the first place, and if he really doesn't see what's going on, why he thinks he deserves a girlfriend that treats him like crap? But I don't. Instead, because there's a part of me that still feels loyal to my step-sister and makes me feel like a creep for wanting him to be rid of her, I blame the only thing that ties me to him.

"Bruce already agreed to do your movie, you didn't have to grease him by keeping up your end of the babysitting Anna train. Which I'm putting a stop to right now, by the way. That emergency brake is being pulled."

"I didn't…" Harry's eyes widen and he seems a little angry at my accusation. "I'll say it again, I'm not babysitting you."

"Then why would you even want to join us? I swear, if you're doing this because Bruce gave you five bucks so I don't give Kyle road head–"

"Can you please stop saying that?" Harry presses the fingers not holding his cone against his eyes.

"Road. Head." I smirk and throw my napkin towards the garbage can, missing it by a mile.

"I am begging you," he says and gets up to throw out my napkin properly.

"Why? Do you find the term offensive?"

"Anna–" His voice is rough as he shakes his head.

I tap my chin with my finger. "Maybe you prefer blowjob?"

"Anna." He stands over me with fire in his eyes. He's so sexy when he's upset.

"Oh wait, you're in college. Maybe you like the scientific term, fellatio."

"Maybe I just don't like hearing YOU say it." His face looks pained and I suck in a deep breath. It hurts me to the bone that he finds me so hideous.