𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

"I'M here, sorry I'm late!" I yell as I walk through the door of my childhood home only to find the newly decorated living room empty. Where the swingin' 70's floor pillows once lay in the brown and gold room, there's a brand-new L-shaped couch with fancy recliners on either end sitting on a mauve carpet. "Hello?"

"In here, sweetie!" Lori calls out. I'm glad to hear her voice somewhat chipper considering what day it is, and make my way to the kitchen.

"Ready to get physical, Olivia?" Lori is dressed in her head-to-toe spandex workout gear complete with leg warmers even though she's never used the Jane Fonda video I gave her four years ago.

"I like the way it makes my body look. I feel so young!" She wraps her arms around me, and I hug her tightly. We stay like that a beat longer than usual, and Lori sighs. "I'm glad you're here. When's Harry coming?"

I look at the new Swatch he gave me for my birthday. "He landed a while ago, hopefully Desmond and Anne already got him and they're on the way."

"What's he working on? Something new? Nothing will beat that movie about the puppet who phoned home." Dad comes into the kitchen and also hugs me. We've become a very huggy family.

"A few quick reshoots for that World War II boy in a prison camp movie. Same director, much different vibe." I wave my hand towards him. "Dad, what happened to your face?"

Dad rubs the newly-bald spot above his lip. "Time for a change. I think I look like Tom Cruise in Top Gun."

"Uh…." I trail off and leave it at that. "How about a cocktail? I could use one."

"Coming right up!" Dad snaps his way to the bar, which is the only decor that hasn't really changed in the house since the makeover. I'm glad to see he's happy today too, even though I suspect it's a bit of a mask.

We're sitting on the couch making small talk, when Harry and his parents show up. I immediately fling myself into his arms and hoist myself up so my legs are wrapped around him. "I've missed you!" I plant a bunch of wet kisses on his face before finally making it to his fantastic mouth.

"Jesus Anna, can you, uh, be less affectionate in front of me?" Dad clears his throat.

"Hey Dad, guess what? Harry and I live together, you know. I do this to him all the time when we're naked." Dad just groans and moves to shake Desmond's hand.

"You really shouldn't say things like that." Harry is holding me tightly, his eyes tired but bright and lips all sexy as they smile.

"It's the truth. I didn't wear white to the wedding, that should've been his first clue you and I do the deed." He groans much like Dad did even though he's palming my ass before giving me a big kiss in return.

"I've missed you, too."

He lets me down and I hug my in-laws. Anne is especially touchy-feely today, much like Lori. "How are you, honey?"

"I'm good. Work is kicking my ass, but what else is new?"

Anne takes the wine cooler Dad hands her. "I want to hear all about it," she says and means it. Most people don't like to hear about the depressing side of my career in social work, but Anne has a big heart and volunteers at one of the shelters I unfortunately have to frequent.

We sit on the couch with our drinks and I scooch as close to Harry as I can without sitting directly on him, listening as he tells us about the last few days of shooting in Shanghai. "You must be exhausted," Anne says and moves some of his hair off his forehead in a motherly gesture.

"I am, but I wouldn't miss today for anything." He looks at me with sadness in his eyes, but a smile on his face, which we're all trying to maintain. I rub his shoulder and whisper that I'll hold him close in bed tonight.