↣ | Secret Seventeen

s e c r e t
s e v e n t e e n

Winter break went by way too fast. It was already the morning the Prewetts and I would return to Hogwarts for the second half of our year, the morning we would jam into the little yellow car and cruise our way through the busy London streets, knees pulled close to our chests so our trunks would fit by our feet. 

I wished desperately that we could stay at the Prewetts' forever. That we could continue to play games of quidditch in their large backyard, flying through the fresh afternoon air and getting better and better at the sport together. That we could play extreme hide-and-go-seek in the woods, sometimes lasting hours and hours to the point where Mr Prewett would have to come retrieve us for dinner. That Molly and I could spend a long time together reading in the library, laughing together and crying together after reading emotional stories. That me and the twins could pull pranks on everyone and laugh our heads off after.

I just wished for that happiness to last forever. That I wouldn't have to go back to school where non-understanding people were everywhere and where bullies roamed the halls. I just wished that people could be nice instead of taking their pain out on others. There were so many things that I wished.

But alas, there we were; Mr and Mrs Prewett sitting in the front, Mr Prewett driving and Mrs Prewett navigating through the crowded city, the twins and Molly and I in the next row, squashed closely together while we played a game of I-spy.

"I-spy something," Fabian was saying, rubbing his chin, "Extremely blue."

"Extremely blue?" Gideon said, his eyebrows furrowed. "As opposed to the weakly colored blues?"

Fabian smacked him.

"Ow—MUM FABIAN HIT ME!"

"Fabian don't hit your brother," Mr Prewett said. "And Gid, don't be such a drama queen."

Gideon gaped. "I am not a drama queen"

Everyone scoffed.

"IM NOT!"

"Right," Molly said, rolling her eyes, "Just like I despise reading."

Gideon let out a disgruntled huff.

"Okay children, we're here," Mrs Prewett announced as they pulled up to the train station, people rushing about from every direction. "Grab your stuff quick before someone else honks at us."

"Just ignore them, Mum," Fabian said as the four of them unbuckled and grabbed their stuff.

"Yeah," Gideon said. "They can all mind their own business and be patient."

"Just hurry up," was all Mrs Prewett said as she clambered out of the car as well.

The lot of us made our way through Kings Cross, toward the brick wall that magically took us to Platform 9 3/4. I huffed as I pulled my trunk after me. I wasn't strong in the slightest, and always had trouble with the blasted thing. It was just about bigger than me.

"Hurry up, you short loon," Gideon called to me over his shoulder. "We're going to miss the train."

"I'm coming," I muttered, adjusting my grip on my trunk handle.

Finally we made it to the bright Hogwarts Express, getting bumped into by kids running all over the place. I recognized a lot of the witches and wizards on the platform, for I was very perceptive and remembered just about everything and everyone after seeing it (or them) once or twice. It was one of the very few things I actually liked about myself.

I spotted a bright red head climbing onto the train and took a deep breath. I was going to apologize to Lily Evans today for being such a prick and not letting her in. I know she had just been trying to help and I felt immensely guilty for not talking to her for the whole beginning of the year.