Section 3

You watch as the man fades from view, the fog obscuring his path. What on Earth just happened? That man was you. But how? Where did he come from?

You shake your head and turn around. It was probably just your imagination. The fog was making you hallucinate.

But as you make your way along the street, the desperate voice echoes around your mind, refusing to fade. The ghostly image of your own stricken face haunts your thoughts.

Suddenly, you stop walking. Is this the right direction? How far did you go when you followed the voice? Did you already pass the spot where you crossed the street? You glance over your shoulder, but of course, there are no hints as to where you are.

Uncertainly, you cross the road. At least you're on the right side of the street now. Right? Reaching out, you feel your way along the building fronts, searching for something familiar. Suddenly, the buildings stop. You feel ridiculous searching blindly through the fog, but it's not like anyone can see you anyway.

Not finding anything as you shamble further on, you realize you must have reached the corner where you need to turn to get to the office. Reaching to your left, you find the wall again and continue on your way.

Eventually, the brick turns to smooth wood beneath your touch. Sighing in relief, you shine your torch at the door. But it's not the all-too familiar back entrance to your office that you normally use. Rusted numbers hang askew, and there are no windows to look through to give you a clue as to what's behind it. You begin to panic as you realize that you are actually lost. You don't think you've ever seen that door in your entire life. But you can't have wandered that far, could you?

Slowly, you reach out and grab the handle and turn. You find that the door is unlocked.

CHOICE 1: OPEN THE DOOR AND GO INSIDE. GO TO SECTION 6.

CHOICE 2: TURN BACK AND TRY TO FIND SOMEWHERE FAMILIAR. GO TO SECTION 7.