𝐈𝐈. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

JULIANA'S EYES WINCED IN the daylight

JULIANA'S EYES WINCED IN the daylight. She let out a breathy puff of air before realizing that Blake had taken off without her or Schofield.

-"You go after him, I'll catch up." She tells him quickly, and Scho takes off. She then quickly unfastens her head piece and stuffs it in her pack for extra bandages. She then takes out the helmet and places it on her head, her hands tremble as she fastens the strap under her chin.

After exhaling a deep breath, she takes off. Thankfully Schofield was tall, so finding him wouldn't be a problem.

Making her way through the trenches was difficult. They were narrow, and the sides were lined with men. She had to squeeze through groups of them to get by. Mud and dirt were everywhere, and her brown boots were caked in it.

Finally, after a taking long strides for a few minutes, she caught up with Will. He seemed to be arguing with a very determined and head strong Blake.

-"You don't know, Blake, you weren't there." She heard him call out. As soon as she was right beside him, he sensed her presence and filled her in.

"You look different," he adds while observing at her helmet. In different circumstances, he might have laughed at how funny she looked.

-"Just thought I'd fit in." She answers with a small smile. She knew what he was thinking, for she felt frumpy.

The three push and shove their way through a large group of men gathered around someone who handed out mail.

-"Excuse me! Excuse me!" Blake uses manners, even though they're in dark, cold, dirty trench meant for war, in France.

Juliana decides to grab Will's pack as they squeeze through the group. This way she wouldn't get separated. Will feels a slight tug on his pack and casts a look behind him. The sight of Juliana lightly clinging to it, eases him and he keeps walking on.

As soon as they make their way through she lets go, and quickens her pace to keep up. Blake turns down a one way street, where the earth is closer in, making it narrower than before.

-"You're going up a down trench you bloody idiots." A Sargent snarls at them.

-"Orders of the General Sir!" Blake responds quickly. All try their best not to bump into people walking towards them.

-"Alright, say the Boche have gone. Nine miles will take us, what, six hours? Eight at the very most. So we've got time to wait until the sun sets. Otherwise we'll be wide open..."

-"It's enemy territory, we've got no idea what we're walking into," Blake cuts him off. Juliana walked behind him. The whole time she listens to Blake, he reminded her of someone she knew so well.