Chapter one|Questions

Three months,

It has been three months since The Battle Of Starcourt, yet there was still pain ,wrapping it's vines around people's minds.It was like a shadow that followed everyone everywhere.

Jane sighed as she put her magazine down,it was again one of those sorrowful nights where her mind wanders back to the painful memory of her being surrounded by sirens and men yelling orders.The memory of her standing there , desperately looking for her dad , looking for someone ,but then her eyes met with Joyce and the tears .The tears let her know that he was gone , lost from their lives.As tears began to form in the corner of Jane's eyes ,her hand brushed against the scar on her leg.It stung Everytime she had to see that scar ,there was too many painful moments associated with it.

Jane's thoughts were interrupted as a soft knock came from her bedroom door.

"Come in."She replied softly.

The door opened quietly and revealed a short brunette woman with her hair tied back.

"Hey El,you said you wanted to talk?"The woman replied with a soft smile.

"Yes Joyce-I mean mom,yeah I wanted to have a little chat."El replied.

Joyce closed the door and went to go sit on Jane's bed.

"What's up?"Joyce asked with a little hint of anxiety.

"Nothing I just have sort of a weird question.."

The question had been on El's mind for as long as she could remember.Everytime Joyce invited her and Hopper over for dinner. The question had always sparked in her mind.

"Oh fire away."Joyce shifted closer.

Jane took a deep breath and asked.

"Hop..did you ever love him?"

----

A/N:I hope you guy's liked the first chapter,this is my first fanfiction of them c:

Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more Jopper stuff -

@V.elvetcqke