02.

|CHAPTER 2|
SPANDEX

-

LUCY DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT AWKWARD REUNIONS. She stepped into the elevator with Sue, Ben and Reed.

The elevator ride was quiet for about few seconds before Sue broke the silence.

Sue turned to Reed, "Reed, you should know those solar winds are picking up speed."

"I factored them into my coordinates. Plus, Victor's got some equipment that could get whoever's out there, back in quickly." Reed reassured.

"Right, of course you did. In theory." Sue shrugged. "It's a little different once you're out there."

"I assure you I--"

"When are we leaving?" Lucy smiled, trying to break the silence.

"I'll be scheduling the launch. So you can call me in the morning for resources and crew." Sue said, handing Reed a card with her number.

"I think I remember the number." Reed smirked.

"It's been changed." Sue muttered coldly as Reed took the card.

Ben cleared his throat, Reed looked at him before speaking, "As far as crew, I was hoping Ben could pilot the mission." Reed patted Ben's back.

"We already have a pilot on our payroll but you're welcome to ride shotgun." Sue smiled, "Remember my brother Johnny?"

She definitely remembered Johnny. Lucy still remembered the last time he'd talk to her. A party at their place. He had used her past affections to look cool in front of his guests.

Sue instantly remembered the whole situation and smiled awkwardly. Lucy didn't have a problem with Sue after the party, but she definitely lost contact with Johnny. What's worse was that he ignored her the next day until the last day of MIT, when they moved far away.

She couldn't wait to see him again . . .

Lucy looked in her binoculars to see Johnny in a motorcycle, beside a girl in a fancy black car

Lucy looked in her binoculars to see Johnny in a motorcycle, beside a girl in a fancy black car. He leaned in and kissed her, the girl, looking dazed, waved before Johnny sped off into the distance.

"Looks like he didn't change a bit." Lucy muttered bitterly, making Reed and Ben look at her in guilt. They were the ones who got to Lucy telling her about the party at Johnny and Sue's way before any of them did. 

"Let me guess, wishing that chick was you?" Reed smirked jokingly. Lucy looked at him and shook her head.

"Can't do it. Cannot do it." Ben turned his back on Reed, throwing his hands up in the air.